Chapter 8

You were woken up by the noise of a helicopter landing on the roof. You put Larva on and walked to the stairs. You went up to the roof to greet Taina but saw her being brought in on a stretcher. You felt your emotion deepen as you sprinted up to Doc and Jager who were carrying her in. Your voice broke and not even Larva's voice concealer could hide it.

Ghost: What happened?

Doc: She was shot 4 times and debris from a collapsing building hit her in the head, she's in a coma.

You started to shake as you realized that you could lose the only person you have left.

'I should have gone with her. I could have helped. This is my fault. I am the reason she is in this situation.'

Daren ran up behind you.

Daren: Ghost! I heard what happened, I'm sorry.

Doc and Jager got to the infirmary and put Taina in a bed and hooked her up to some beeping things and bopping things. You sat down next to her and Daren sat next to you.

Ghost: This is my fault, I could have protected her. I could've stopped this. Why can't it be me in this situation? I could lose one of the only people I have left. I have family left, but I can't see them since they're in witness protection. You and Taina are the only two I have.

You started to break down at this point. You sobbed and shook violently for 15 minutes until you heard Doc start talking to himself.

Doc: I need to get this mask off.

You stood and placed your hand on the scanner.

Ghost: Mascarar, scan hand.

Mascarar: Hello, Ghost.

Ghost: Mascarar, disengage locks.

Mascarar: Locks disengaged.

You took Mascarar off to see that it looked like Taina was crying in her coma.

'What is she dreaming about?'

Caveira POV (In her dream)

Taina: I'm sorry, Ghost. I should have brought you with me. I wouldn't be in this situation otherwise. I'm sorry Ghost. Eu te amo, Y/N. Please forgive me. Please.

I could only stare at Y/N as he stood on the other side of the dark room. I walked forward and tried to hug Y/N but he just disappeared.

Taina: NO, I'M SORRY! PLEASE!

I started hitting the door he was standing in front of.

Taina: PLEASE! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT! Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU? I'M SORRY, FORGIVE ME! PLEASE! I LOVE YOU! PLEASE, Y/N!

I dropped to the floor and started crying.

Y/N POV:

I was sitting there when Taina started flopping violently.

Doc: She's seizing. I need to operate now!

Ghost: I'm helping you.

Doc: I'm sorry, you can't.

Ghost: I wasn't asking.

You and Doc started the operation moving with swiftness. You finished in about 30 minutes and got Taina back to her bed in the infirmary. You hugged her body that was still in a coma and spoke to her.

Ghost: Eu te amo, Taina. Please don't die on me. I need you. Eu te amo.

Taina POV (still in her dream):

I saw Y/N standing there facing away from me.

Taina: Y/N, please. Forgive me. Eu te amo.

Y/N turned around and hugged me.