01 - prologue

"hey! stop it! can you not tell you're hurting him??" a boy with tiny angel wings called out to two others. they were kicking around and pulling an odd fox hybrid's tail, who was pretty much curled into a ball, sobbing with his fox ears stuck to his head.

"well if it isn't choi san, the good for nothing angel." one of the two yingyang looking mean kids said. one of them had black hair with white streaks, the other, white hair with black streaks.

"i-if anything, a good for nothing angel is better than two dumb devils bullying a helpless, uh.. fox?" san stuttered, trying to figure out what type of hybrid the lavender haired fox-like boy was. san really didn't know anything about wolf, fox, feline hybrids. hell, he could barely tell apart a black fox and a wolf even if their ears and tails are clearly different. plus most wolves have some marking on their neck.he hated seeing anyone get hurt. didn't matter to him if they were a light, dark, both hybrid as long as they treated others (who deserved it) with kindness.

the crying boy seemed to calm down a little after seeing that someone was actually willing to help him. san shooed the twins away, they weren't about to put up with a another loser and left without a fight.

san sat down next to the crying boy and hugged him. that seemed to calm down the lavender-haired fox hybrid, he let his head fall onto san's chest. san stroked his hair, trying to calm him down more, seemed to work, his ears stopped being glued to his hair.

the two got somewhat close, got to know eachother that day and got along really well. and for once, san was, well, half right. his little buddy was a cat hybrid, but looked like a fox.

"eh, my dad's like that, fox ears, cat tail, cat habits and mum's a pure fox. i got mum's ears and tail, dad's habits, like purring and all that." he said, walking by san, back to their class.

"why're your ears and tail so dark then? aren't your parents those two white foxes always giving ms. y flowers for valentine's?" san asked.

"yeah they are.. i actually don't know why i'm like this. they said it's something rare but i really don't believe it." he said. what he was really thinking was that he really isn't both his parents' child, maybe adopted, maybe his mum cheated, though he looked like a mix of the two. dad could have a dark hybrid twin that he blocked out of his life for all he knows.

"neither do i. but hey, you look cool!"

"that's what you think. you know why yingyang twins were beating me up? because they think dark hybrids, well, me, are... a mistake to this world."

"that's crazy. everyone has a heart, well, maybe not them."

"ha, true. thanks for helping me though."

the next year san had suddenly dissapeared from the primary school, and his fox looking bud was left all alone and defenceless again. all he had left of san was a tiny photo card of a selfie they took at a classmate's birthday and stickers that san always annoyed him by sticking them on his cheeks.

now he just wished san was there to keep sticking the little hearts, flowers and butterflies onto his face.