06

"so, why'd you want to talk earlier?"

san didn't say anything, he was just staring at the floor, trying to put a sentence together.

"picking up my habits? or are they jongho's? he's awfully quiet when i try to speak to him." wooyoung said, wrapping a blanket around san and moving his dripping hair out of his eyes, "why'd you walk here in the rain. you'll get sick."

wooyoung sat down next to san, "seriously, what did you want?"

"i'm... i'm sorry."

"hm? for what? you dind't do anything."

"i didn't do anything now, i know, but i've been such a jerk to you! i'm stupid, i'm a fucking bitch, even my own brother doesn't want to talk to me anymore. i kept shoving you around, kicking you, ripped out that earing in a fight i gave you ages ago... why did you even keep wearing that?" san looked down again, resting his face on his hands, like his hands were a cup.

"i'm-- i'm sorry. i'm so sorry!" san was on the verge of tears, "i'm sorry for everything! how i just left you without a warning, i'm sorry that i didn't talk to you for years, i'm sorry that i didn't see what you were going through, how much i hurt you, how i started being more and more mean to you each time i saw y-" san got cut off by wooyoung hugging him.

neither of them said anything for a while, just sat there, with wooyoung's head in san's neck and his arms around san's waist with san holding them. eventually wooyoung let go, and pushed san onto his back, laid down on his chest, and hugged him again, but his hands with around his neck this time. san wrapped his arms around wooyoung too. all he wished is that his wings were big enough to wrap around wooyoung too now.

it felt nice to have someone he cares about in his arms again after such a long time. san started stroking wooyoung's hair, just out of habit since he used to do that before they split too.

"ah- forgot you were actually a cat.. cute." san said softly, hearing wooyoung purr.

"you can shush again now, i like the peace, quiet and cuddles." wooyoung said, rubbing his face on san's chest.

"mmmkay." san hummed, and pecked wooyoung's forehead. "concerned if you can breathe or not though."

"i'm fine, i'd rather suffocate than live in this mess of a world"

"same. can i ask you something?"

"ask."

"why'd you look so scared when your mum called your name?"

"step-mum. and, i-im not comfortable saying."

"alright. anyways, i already came here when it was pretty late, jongho will... uh, might... get concerned what happened to me if i don't go back home."

"o-oh.." wooyoung mumbled, lifting his head up to look at san.

"pft, did you want me to stay?"

"it'd be nice.."

"i'll call him if your parents are fine with me staying." san said, wooyoung's eyes lit up.

"they're fine with anything as long as i don't bother them..." wooyoung said, looking down.

san's eyes widened, "they- do they-.. neglect you?"

"worse than that. did you ever think why i wear long sleeves even in summer?"

"until two days ago no. to cover up your scars?"

"i could care less about those, no." wooyoung said, sat up next to san and rolled up one of his sleeves to hi shoulder.

san's eyes widened again, "dude" he looked at wooyoung, "this isn't okay. they gave you those bruises?"

"yes, and it's fine. i'm used to it." wooyoung said, sighing, rolling his sleeves back down.