you're sick

You were in agony as another stabbing pain went through your stomach.

You woke up about ten minutes ago feeling worse than you have in a while. Lauren woke up to the sound of your groans, but she wasn't prepared to see how much pain you were really in.

Lauren was trying to ease the pain by rubbing your stomach but you suddenly pushed her hand away. "I feel sick." You whimpered and continued to writhe around in bed, desperate to find a position to relieve the pain and the sick rising in your throat.

But there was no use. You sat up and Lauren instantly knew what was about to happen. She reached for the empty trash can by her side of the bed and let you get sick into it. She held your hair back for you and let her other hand brush across your shoulders. "It's okay, y/n. Let it all out. I'm here." She whispered softly, leaning down to kiss across your warm shoulder blade to try to bring you a little comfort.

"You okay?" She asked worriedly when you finished and fell back against the bed. "I think so." You mumbled back to her, eyes drooping as you took a few deep breaths to calm yourself.

"Do you think you can make it to the bathroom to brush your teeth?" She tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, gazing at you with eyes filled with concern when you opened yours. "If you'll help me."

Lauren planted a lingering kiss to your forehead. She could feel the warmth of your skin under her lips. "Of course, baby. It's what I'm here for." She said as she got out of bed and went to your side. She grabbed your hand and you slowly got out of bed. With her help you made it to the sink and started to brush your teeth, hoping you could also get the taste of the vomit from your mouth, too.

"Do you think you'll be alright for a minute on your own?" You waited a moment, just to make sure you didn't feel like you'd be sick again. When you knew your stomach was really settled, at least for the time being, you nodded your head and continued to brush your teeth.

Lauren kissed the crown of your head and made her way back into the bedroom. She grabbed an extra blanket for you, just in case you got the chills or anything, then made her way downstairs to clean out the trash can. She also grabbed some water for you.

Just as she made her way back into the bedroom you were making your way back into the bedroom, holding your stomach and groaning occasionally as you made your way to bed, in serious need of the comfort it gave you.

"You look pale." She murmured as she brushed her hand delicately along your cheek. "Did you get sick any more?"

You weakly nodded and she just let a sad sigh fall from her lips. "Alright. You feeling better?"

"I don't know. I'm just drained and I wanna go to sleep."

Lauren climbed into bed next to you and made sure you were warm and cozy beneath the blankets. "Okay. You know I'm right here if you feel sick again or if you need anything at all."

"I know. Thank you for taking care of me."

She kissed your warm cheek and started to caress it till you closed your eyes again. "Anytime. I love you, y/n. Sweet dreams." She whispered and waited for you to fall asleep before she allowed herself to do the same.