(2)Life's great

{Blue Berry Carter}

My name is Blue Berry Carter. Yep, that's right. When mum got pregnant, she had an abnormal obsession with blueberries. Therefore, after giving birth, and against my father's pleads she named me first name Blue, middle name Berry, and last name Carter. Strangely I even had an odd-looking birthmark on my left shoulder. Somebody up there was having a blast at my expense.

My first day of Kindergarten was fun, being called a crayon by a glue sniffer. Like dude, you eat glue and will shift into an oversize chihuahua on your thirteen birthday, yet you're making fun of my name. Pfft! Granted we were five but I still got in trouble for glueing him to the chair. The teacher saw it as lashing out. I saw it as poetic justice. Glue sniffer glued to the chair, poetic.

Anyways, the world had changed a lot from what my grandparents told me, after world war three. When the Vampire Queen wage war against Alpha King Valentine. Humans were beaten, starved, and treated worse than rats in a sewer. Until the King came of age and defeated his evil step-grandmother, restoring order to the world, and reclaiming his family name, Malik. Sounds like an action movie.

Of course, because humans were exposed to the supernatural world there was no going back for us. Humans to this day aspire to rebel against the King. They're called hunters. Or what we call them king chowder. Because the king kills them in the worse ways imaginable. Hence the name King-chowder. Get it? Anyway, they're idiots. The man is the world's most feared king of all time for a reason.

It's been fifty years now since King Dreklaus Malik became King with his sisters Princess Ava Dreklaus Malik and Princess Luna Dreklaus Malik by his side. The infamous tribrid King ruled the world with an iron fist. No one, not even the Alpha King Valentine or Fay King Faylen dared challenge him.

People say his father was a monster, a man with no soul, with no humanity or heart. Until he found his queen. His true beloved. Some say he drained every last drop of her blood and after she died, he killed himself. Some say his Father King Octavius had him killed. His queen lost her mind and rip her own heart out. Some say she was a hero, a mother who died for her children. Blowing up all her enemies. They're so many stories that know what's true or not.

But he, King Dreklaus Malik was the evilest of creatures. His father was the devil spawn, but he was the devil himself. He was the Vampire King with a Lycan and wolf so powerful the world itself kneeled before him. Fortunately, he didn't turn us into slaves as long as we followed his dumb rules. Fourteen pages to be exact. Follow them and life is relatively normal. The rules and laws are enforced by KODA. They're elite highly trained warriors who enforce the law and maintain peace between species in the name of the King. Kinda like badass ninja cops. Only the finest and fierce are recruited.

If anyone breaks the law, they face the Blood Reapers, and no one wants to mess with them. Even though the system is rigged against humans, we were nonetheless protected under the king's outrageous laws. And any violation goes directly to Avin Chesmore, the King's uncle. That's why most humans prefer to live in sector three. Some say he was once human. Yeah right. The point is Avin Chesmore is a reaper and no one crosses him and his mate, Damian. And live to tell about it. Supernaturals and humans are learning to co-exist. It's not always pleasant but it's tolerable.

"Yess! YESS! Oh God YES!" I scream climaxing.

"Ah fuck Blue," he grunts out following me.

He rolls off me and lay beside me. Both of us were covered in beads of sweat and panting to catch our breaths.

"Wow, you're amazing," he leans in to kiss me.

" Aaa, gonna go," I jumped out of his bed, slipping on my babydoll dress.