CHAPTER FOURTEEN - INFECTIONS AND BLURRY VISION

↻ ɪɴꜰᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴜʀʀʏ ᴠɪꜱɪᴏɴ ↺

ɪɴꜰᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴜʀʀʏ ᴠɪꜱɪᴏɴ

Jimin stands still, frozen cold as he watches his father's figure on the screen. The last time he saw him when he was alive was when he was only ten years old, but that doesn't mean that the painful and vivid images of him beating his mother are absent. And he watches with owlish, appalled eyes as his dad grabs a different woman by her head of hair, shoving her roughly to the ground.

He just hopes desperately that the lady in the security footage isn't Starling's mother. And with said man being on his mind, his eyes shift to the black haired male standing to his left. For the most part, his expression is unreadable despite the coherent clench in his jaw. His eyes bore into the projected screen with clear intensity and the teenager struggles to decipher what Jeongguk's true sentiments are regarding the footage portrayed.

And with fifteen seconds left to spare of the woman being brutally beaten, Jeongguk pulls the USB out of the laptop himself, chucking it across the room. The sound of it clashing against the wall causes Jimin to flinch and shrink. He looks furtively as the mafia leader threads his slender fingers through his black curly hair in evident frustration and the room falls dead silent as they await orders from Starling himself.

"This is fucking useless," he states in an irritated tone and Jimin curls his lips in, staring at the ground.

Why does he feel responsible for the woman's life? Why does he feel responsible for the death of Starling's mother? It's evident now that the Jane Doe in the clip isn't related to Jeongguk, however his stomach still turns at the thought that many other women were victims of his father's heavy hand. He couldn't help them because he was just a boy. He didn't know any better and he still doesn't. Why does this clip of his dad exist? Why was he beating other women?

He doesn't realize how lightheaded he is until he begins to stumble backward, hand pressed to his head. The objects in his vision begin to double and his posture capitulates to the static in his head, begging him to collapse to the floor.

"Jimin?" he hears someone call out to him, however the owner of the voice is indistinguishable. It's as if his name goes into one of his ears and right out the other.

"Jimin, you're pale," the voice calls out to him again and Jimin manages to catch the face of the velvety voice in his temporary moment of sanity. Jeongguk is staring at him with an amalgam of confusion and worry, arms seemingly open to catch him dare he fall.

"M-my head," Jimin says quietly and his delicate tone nears the sad timbre of a whimper.

Seokjin removes himself from his spot by the wall and is quick to be by the teenager's side, analyzing him closely. The boy blinks at him and stumbles into the doctor's arms, weighing him down.

"He needs to go to the infirmary, Gguk. You need to carry him," the doctor states and Starling looks at the duo, unsure of what actions he should take next. The expression on his face is blank until Seokjin yells at him firmly, pulling the mafia leader from his trance.