chapter 2

the boy turned towards me. "i don't believe we've met. i'm nick" he said. i blushed. "h-hello" nick sat next to me. todoroki and another member, jaymez charles (not to be confused with james charles) began to introduce the whole club. "i'm jaymes, this is todoroki, that's spongebob, that's nick, and..." jaymes stopped. "we have a new member!!" todoroki exclaimed. the table turned towards me.

i felt a wave of embarrassment wash over me. "umm" i started. nick gave me a reassuring glance. "i'm lance. i'm a republican and i hate women so much so i decided to be a gay man." the club fell silent. nick stood up and began applauding. the rest of the members shortly joined him.

the rest of the meeting happened rather shortly. todoroki and i bonded over anime and exchanged tiktoks. after the meeting had finished, nick walked up to me. i felt my heart rate pick up. "hi lance" nick said. he has such a way with words. "hi nick" i replied. "i saw you and todoroki talking about tiktok...what's your username?" he asked. "oh, i'm @ lancevideos." i told him. his face changed. "i'm @ nickvideos!" he smiled. it's like we were soulmates. i followed him and he followed me back. i gave him a grin.

nick left the lunchroom to go home. as i drove my car, i saw him on the sidewalk on a razor scooter. i laughed to myself. what a cool kid.