Chapter 0: Origin

A teenage boy sat on his chair, lazily tapping his pen on his desk. His classmates chattered on, laughter filling the room. However, he wasn't one for those sorts of pleasantries.

"Hey, Chris? Wanna eat out with us?" A woman said, smiling at the guy showing him the lunch she brought to school. It was rice, along with a few vegetables and some sausages. The boy looked at the food, interested with how it would've tasted. After all, he was still a human being who desired to consume food.

He then switched his gaze to the girl who was asking him. He sighed, a bit annoyed since he disliked human contact. "I'm sorry, I really don't know you that well to be eating with you..." He replied, his cold gaze fixated at the girl who seemed to be perplexed at the turn of events.

His classmates noticed this exchange, garnering a few angry and dissatisfied looks from some of them. The boy sighed to himself, burrowing his head into his arms as he rested it on the desk hoping this annoying trial would pass soon.

"W-well...I'll try another day then...Thank you for your time though..." The young lady said, walking away from him, exiting the room after to search for her friends. The chatter grew even louder. He shuddered a bit, feeling a cold chill down his spine.

"They're at it again...when will they know that I don't want to be close with any of them." He muttered softly, his face hidden by his arms.

"He should know better! He's that insensitive to reject even Aira's kindness? Honestly, i think he should just burn in hell. The lucky bastard was still ungrateful, that our beloved Aira wanted to eat lunch with a shitty 'Otaku' like him..." A boy said in a loud voice. The boy named Chris was unsure whether this was intentional or not. It didn't really matter much to him though since he experienced these trivial conversations about him and his personality for about two years now.

"Hey Chris! You in here?!" A young man said, opening the door to his classroom. He was a senior, a bit on the heavy side, but not so much that he'd be considered obese or overweight. He smiled brightly, being honest it sickened the boy. He was too loud, a stark opposite to what he stood for, but he had no other option, after all, he was very damn persistent.

He's visited him for a whole quarter now, and even if he seemed dumb, he was actually pretty smart. He just hated being serious all the time. They'd normally talk about story writing and character creation, something they both enjoyed. Most of his classmates actually thought of him as a loony, but Chris knew it wasn't the entire truth. It's the main reason he hung out with him anyways.

He stood up wearing his hood, slowly making his way to the entrance. His friend looked for him and when he finally caught a glimpse of him, he smiled happily. "Hey there buddy! Seeming pretty damn emo today. You doing good?" He said with a cheery and almost mocking tone.

Chris groaned, he really was too bright for his tastes. "Can you lower your voice...just a bit?" Chris said, peering underneath his hood. His friend took a good look at him, noticing that his eyes were pretty baggy and his hair was quite the mess.

"Well I would, as long as you sleep earlier and take better care of yourself...you're making me a bit worried for ya kiddo." He said, removing Chris's hood and ruffling his hair. Chris backed off slapping his friend's hand away. He glared at him, hoping to intimidate the man, but the opposite happened. His friend chuckled, reaching out once more to pet Chris.

"I was asking you to stop!" Chris said, slapping his hand away once more, with the latter laughing even harder. "Wow, I didn't know tsunderes were a thing." His friend said, quite amused with the turn of events.

"J-just stop it already! Where's Dia?" Chris replied, his voice a bit strained by his emotions. His friend looked up, muddling his thoughts. He then beamed at Chris, with a bright grin on his face.