Chapter 1: Another World

Dia

I closed my eyes before I was swallowed by a blinding light. My thoughts were immediately kicked on overdrive. I was scared, excited, nervous, and anywhere in between.

A gentle breeze soon laid my body to rest on a cold smooth floor. It wasn't as icy as the library floor was due to the air conditioning, however it was cool to the touch. Taking a deep breath, I opened my eyes hoping that this was all just a bad dream.

The room was silent. In moments, a soft wind blew around me, making me realize that I was still alone. Where were the others? Will they ever come? Was this magic? These thoughts wormed their way into my mind.

Just when I was about to get up, hoping to find someone to ask for information about this place, wisps of light slowly swirled around me. The lights danced around for a few moments slowly forming shapes of what appeared to be Ron and the others and soon enough it did turn into them, the light gently setting them down on the floor. My heart was beating loudly, almost as if it were ringing in my ears, still exhilarated from the unbelievable experience that I was having right now.

I got up, brushing the dust off my blouse. My school uniform was in one piece too, nothing seemed to be missing. I glanced at Shan, who soon awakened from what seemed to be sleep, although I'm not sure if she passed out on the way here.

Shan's eyes quickly darted around the scenery, while I decided to walk over to where she was. She stared at me, blinking her eyes like she was in a daze as I reached out to her, hoisting her up.

"Can you believe this Shan?!" I exclaimed in disbelief, everything felt so surreal and unrealistic that maybe it was just fake, made-up, or even just a dream.

"If you want me to pinch you...I can go for it..." Shan replied in a weak tone, taking a look of her surroundings as well. It seems like she's coming to terms too.

"So this is a fantasy world huh..." Shan continued in a weak tone before we heard a few footsteps heading to the room we were in. Panicking, I shook Ron and Chris in an attempt to wake them up. Their eyes slowly fluttered open, trying to make sense as to where they were.

Ron quickly got up when he heard the footsteps while Chris was still doing his best to accustom to the new environment we were tossed into. The footsteps grew louder and louder. The three of us readied ourselves for a battle but Chris simply sat down on the floor in a calm demeanor.

"Are you nuts? Can't you see there are people just out the door who're out for us?!" I exclaimed while Chris just closed his eyes and yawned. He stretched for a bit and looked at me with his unmotivated blue eyes.

"They're probably the owners of this castle. Besides, what good would your fists do if they had magic. It should be best to settle this in a calm and diplomatic way, don't you think?" Chris replied, calmly standing up. Ron also lowered his fists, sighing to himself.

"He's right, No sense in acting irrational right now." Ron replied, fixing up his uniform to make himself look presentable. The door then shone a bright light, opening ever so slowly while my heart started drumming heavily due to the tension in the air.

A multitude of robed people marched inside the room, slowly forming a circle around us. They soon knelt down, taking me aback by the show of reverence. Why exactly were we treated like this by people we never met?

An old man who seemingly wore the holy vestals of this world followed shortly after. His face was bright and sunny, yet his wrinkled face showed signs of wisdom and kindness. His white hair was a sign of his age. He walked up to us bringing a warm and gentle atmosphere with him, holding out an object which seemed to be a staff. It shined with a lukewarm glow.