Chapter 3 (part 2)

Hermione's POV:
We now sat at the burrow where Molly was cooking dinner. She wasn't as cheerful since Fred died, but she tried.

I excused myself to go outside. I went towards the shed with the quidditch equipment.

I walk inside and look around, I close the door behind me and pull the potion out from my bag. A Hand clasps around my mouth, an arm around my waist to keep me from moving. A familiar voice speaks in my ear.

He releases and I turn around abruptly "RON!" He steps back and speaks "why did you buy that, back at the apothecary?" His voice soft but heard. I just look down.

"I'll help you Hermione." I look back up at him. "I know you loved him just as we did. He was your boyfriend and he was my brother. I'll help you." Ron's voice shakes slightly.

----------------------------------------------

As we follow the directions in the book it becomes easier to understand. I dipped my wand into the mixture and say the spell. The room becomes illuminated and then it's dead silent.

We look around and there's nothing. No one. Just the quidditch equipment as it was before. A single tear drops out of my eye.

Ron's voice fills the emptiness. "It was worth the shot..." He seems sad but relieved. "I'll meet you inside." I say as he leaves.

I wait until he steps into the house and I fall to my knees crying. This was supposed to work. "WHY, WHY COULDN'T THIS WORK! I JUST WANT HIM BACK, JUST NEED TO SEE HIM EVEN IF IT'S THE LAST TIME!" I scream at nothing.

A familiar voice speaks softly into my ear, with their arms wrapped around me.

"Well maybe it did work."