Chapter 2; Dreamchaser's Ash

The Unkindled had just rose triumphant over his battle against the Abyss Watchers, a formidable foe that even the Chosen Undead held them in a high regard and respect. The Ashen One agreed with certain aspect to the belief of the Undead Legion - Shields were not meant to witness the bloodshed. The very presence of it within a fight was pathetic, a cowardice act by the lot that refused to engage an enemy head on. The Unkindled just about then received the soul of the Abyss Watchers, starring into the emitting orb within his grasp. 'Mayst thou rest in peace.' he whispered, audible to any who could've been near. 

The Ashen One explored about the area around Farron Keep. Upon his discovery, he climbed up the ladder that had somewhat went by unnoticed on his first arrival. He entered through the wide and tall entry, leading him into a room where a dark wolf laid in slumber. Figuring, it was indeed a covenant; Watchdogs of Farron. Though by all means did the intrigued Undead wished upon to join, he had no business to linger about the lands that had long went to rot. However, he knelt upon the dark wolf of the covenant and paid respect, offering it - Wolf's Blood Swordgrass. 

Turning to his behind, he caught glimpse of a sparkling item hanging upon a corpse that had long dried. The Unkindled obtained the item - Dreamchaser's Ashes it was. Though he was awoken without almost no recollection of his past, he knew solemnly of his grand duty. However, there was a weird tingling sensation, it was as though he knew of what the item meant, and how ridiculously foolish it was. 

"Ashen One, what woeful umbral ash is this.
This barren dust, stuff of a fool, on't yield aught.
Where did thou happen upon the stuff?
Tell me, for the sport. "

The frail handmaid spoke in a tone that held amusement over the subject of the Dreamchaser's Ashes. The Unkindled told of the location, as well as the rotten corpse that held dearly on it. 

"Oh, yes, I see...
Clinging to lofty dreams in this dying world...more's the pity.
It must come from one most foolish indeed.
Woulds't thou not agree?"

The Unkindled would've agreed without hesitance, however something told of him to remain silent. He walked about the Firelink Shrine, conversing about with the 'clowns' and 'weird' as the knight of Carim; Egyon had said. "I am allied to you as long as you assure the girl's safety. And only for that long.." The blind nun spoke out as she felt the presence of another, "Who's there?" she questioned only for her extended hands out in the air to felt the contact of a cold iron. 

The gauntlet that the Unkindled wore engulfed her hands into his own, speaking on its own to prove right of the blind nun's assumption. She released a sigh of relief, "Ah, it is you. Champion of Ash. What can I do in your service?" He gave her a braille divine tome he had stumbled upon on his journey.

"Oh, what's this...
Champion of Ash, this Divine Tome is forbidden...
These are dark tales that lurk deep within men... These stories would not please you...
Of course, if you insist, I will read them for you.
Only, ahh, ahh, they frighten me so.
The little creatures that nibble at me in the darkness..."

The Ashen One felt the fear that dwell upon the weak-ed sightless nun upon the very touch of the Divine Tome he had given. Silently, the Unkindled took away the Divine Tome from the hold of the miracle follower. "Champion of Ash, if you insist. I will read them for you." she told once more, fearing that her service would no longer be needed. For even she couldn't become a Fire Keeper. 

"Your fears should not be more than thy fear of the darkness. Even if thou insist, I would not have you read such tales that are forbidden to thee." The Champion of Ash knelt in front of the blinded nun, reaching out his hands covered in cold gauntlet; wrapping the delicate hands of the maiden with his own. "Your service is as still required, though thy would not be reading of the tomes that gnawed at the flesh of miracle." With that, the Unkindled walked away with the nun bidding farewell and praying for his safety.

All of this were heard by the dame. Sirris would had never expected the capacity of kindness an accursed Undead would have, but what she just heard proved her wrong.

A/N - Who's thou Lord does thy look and align themselves to?

"Hawkwood's Shield -

Shield that belonged to Hawkwood, a deserter from the Undead Legion. The unique swordsmanship of the Watchers does not normally allow for the use of shields, and Hawkwood's very possession of it was a telltale of his defeat.

Skill: Parry
Repel an attack at the right time to follow up with a crtitical hit. Works while equipped in either hand."