Chapter 14; Talks

Sirris awoke from her deep slumber. The sun has come to shine, light returns once more, casting the darkness away. The Unkindle she rest with were no where in sight. 'Where has he gone to?' Until a snap of a branch wood reached her ears. In instinct, she unsheathed her estoc. On guard, she remained vigilant, preparing for what anomaly that'd attempt to bring harm. 

"Thou'rt the most cautious indeed." He dropped high from the tree's thick branch. "Where had yo-" Interrupted in midst of talking, he revealed a rabbit. "I am most certain, that thy'st self requires nutrient." "I hope that thou did not forget?" The Unkindled continued on his onslaught of tease. 

Unable to conceal her embarrassed state, she could only give thanks. 

While after the rabbit had been cooked, accompanied by hot stew, Sirris took notice of the Unkindle's refusal to eat. "Are you not going to eat, Art?" 

"Unfortunately, I, bound by one's duty must continue on without more delays." In a final tucked on his gear, he faced the dame. 

With much intensity of her curious set of eyes, the silver mask that the Unkindled wore were never removed. It was, since the beginning of their interaction - to face, converse, and console. It had always been the first to greet her. She could only imagine the day till Art; the Unkindled who'd remove the silver mask that conceals the very face of the man who has changed her life in a twilight.

A unpleasant gut-sensation slithered down her body. It was as such uncomfortable, with simply just the mask starring - With nothing beneath it. A statue it was, a fixed nature of one's own, one that'll remain the same for eternity. 

The Unkindled appeared to search for an item in his pouch, and so revealed a coiled sword fragment. "Blessings of the moon on your journey." She bid, and so replied the Undead. "As to yours as well, Sirris." with that vanquished. A sigh escaped from the pink lips of the dame. 

'I should make well use of the meal you provided, Art.' a smile tugged upwards in the brief moment, with the gush of strong wind allowing her hair to cascade on it as a slide. 'A new day, a new world.' 

Just before Profaned Capital..
                In the Distant Manor bonfire of Irithyll.. 

The snores of a proud man echoed through the sewers that were connected to the Manor of the Lord of Sunlight; Gwyn. Ascending on the stairs from the sewer to what appeared to be the kitchen, the Unkindled stumbled upon a slumbering knight of Catarina. In subtle footsteps with the black boots he had equipped, softly as a cat he made way to a friend. 

With the moderate warmth of heat of the fireplace, it was no wonder why one would fall in deep sleep. Especially in the cold winter snow of Irithyll Valley. Gently, as to not surprise the knight, he laid his hand on the massive shoulder plate. "Siegward." A way to announce one's presence.

"Ah, ohh!
Excuse me. I must have dozed off.
It's rather warm in here.
Well, well, hasn't it been all too long! It's good to see you.
Oh, I seemed to have missed my chance, so...
I, Siegward of Catarina, offer my deepest gratitude.
And a little surprise to go with it. It's all yours."

A scroll, the Unkindled obtained from another as gift - Emit Force. 

'Miracle' the magic scroll was, and a woman came to mind. Robbed from his thoughts.

"I know. Won't you join me for dinner?
I make a fine estus soup. I've got some stewing right now.
Even we Undead deserve a little normalcy, from time to time.
And finally, upon this rendezvous, let us make a toast."

Siegward offered a siegbrau and made a toast, extending out their arms with the drink in their hands. 

"To your valour, my sword, and our sworn duties! Long may the sun shine!"

Several drinks later on, the Unkindled of Catarina fell to sleep. Snoring away. On the other hand, the Unkindle of a hunter; remained sober and awake. 'Well dear friend, I have someone who I must visit." in so, he made his way to the lonesome tower. 

"Good Blade of the Darkmoon, welcome home." A soothing pleasant voice greeted the Unkindled. Reaching out his hands of an offer - Proof of a Concord Kept. Company Captain of the Blade of the Darkmoon greatly accepted. 

"My Blade of the Darkmoon, thy deeds merit great worship.

As captain, 'tis my duty to honour knights of great accomplishment.

Please, it is thine, and not lightly given.

As a shade of Father Gwyn and Sister Gwynevere,

Persevere in thy knightly duty,

hunting down the gods' would-be foes." 

Another miracle, gifted to the Unkindled - Darkmoon Blade. 

"May'st I pose thee a question, Lady Yorshka?" He asked, with his stance in fixed gesture of loyalty and respect. "Of course, knight of the Darkmoon."

"Does M'lady thee, know of a dame of the Sunless Realm that carries the name Sirris?" Unfazed, Lady Yorshka nodded affirming his assumption. Indeed, it was Sirris who gestured the Darkmoon stance, allowing the Unkindle to take knowledge and perform it. 

"If I my memory serves me right. Hodrick, a holy knight was a grandfather to her. I do ponder where has that knight gone to." 

Death occurred to all who leads to live with souls, yet it was a must to show compassion. What reasons the Unkindled had, none knows. "Fairly recent, Hodrick had gone to pass. M'lady." It was a first to be mentioned of the acquaintance relation with the two. "Oh, may the moon guide him to peace. I never knew you had conversed much less encountered him." 

Soft chuckles were let out from the top of the tower. "What made you laugh, dear knight?" Not meant to be rude or in disrespect of gesture, he waved to say it as not much of worthy mention. However, with the current mood, the Undead felt talkative. What's better than to tell story to a lonely fair-maiden; keen to talk and listen. 

The Unkindled told how he had came upon Hodrick. At the Undead Settlement, he appeared with the intent of a killer. "Oh my, I don't understand why greetings changed among strangers." "Does blade speak more than words?" She continued on her thoughts of wonder, all while the Unkindled listened with amusement. "I suppose so."       

In the manor, by the fireplace in the kitchen, awoke the Unkindled. A sigh escaped, "Well then, a promise is a promise, and I am sworn to upkeep. Old friend, I'm coming."

A/N - As thou can see, five Lords of Cinder. So far, the Unkindled had brought; Aldrich the Devourer of Gods, and the Abyss Watchers. With Ludleth already at the seat of his throne. Leaving two more.. 

" Coiled Sword Fragment - 

Coiled Sword Fragment. Fragment of the coiled sword of a bonfire which served its purpose long ago. Returns caster to last bonfire used for resting, or to the bonfire in Firelink Shrine. Can be used repeatedly. "