Before He Cheats

I'm feeling some angst... anyone else?

Julian Pankratz didn't have trust issues. He was actually one that trusted quite easily, it was just something that was a part of him. There were a few key points in that sentence: didn't, was, and the past tense form of trust.

His boyfriend, Geralt Rivia, is a detective for the police force. There are, of course, nights where he can't make it home on time due to an investigation or extra paper work. Julian put his trust in that's all his boyfriend did when he called to say: "I need to stay at the office for a few extra hours, I'll be home as soon as I'm finished."

Right now, he's probably slow dancing
With a bleached-blond tramp
And she's probably getting frisky

All relationships have fights; small issues about not seeing each other often enough, who did what and why they lied about it, and the ever so popular: cheating.

Right now, he's probably buying
Her some fruity little drink
'Cause she can't shoot whiskey

Now, Julian has his trust in Geralt of never doing so, and vise versa. They spoke about it before, as all couples should, when the problem is hinted at. Each side always points at where the other is wrong: "She doesn't even like men", "He just got out of a bad relationship, I'm with him for comfort", and the usual "She/He's just a friend".

Right now, he's probably up behind her
With a pool-stick
Showing her how to shoot a combo

The easiest way to find out if one is cheating on the other is through evidence. Julian settles in thanking the gods as well as cursing them when Triss Merigold sent him a text with a photo of Geralt getting too-friendly with a woman that he damn well knew that the Witcher didn't know.

The musician was frozen at first. 'Geralt' in the photo could've been a man with the same face and hair, right? No... so that followed with a pool of tears streaming down Julian's cheeks and a series of sobs mixed with hiccups.

And he don't know

Then came the anger.

Julian tossed his phone where he had put his dirty clothes then cleaned himself up in the bath. After putting on his night clothes, he stormed out of his apartment and made his way toward an anniversary gift that sat parked in their garage.

I dug my key into the side
Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seats

With the apartment key in hand, Julian dragged it across the beautiful black paint job, ignoring the unholy screeching that responded to his actions. Each scrap formed a letter, which soon formed into a word: C H E A T E R.

After finishing his art on the outside, Julian hopped into the passenger seat, taking out a pocket knife- that was a gift from Geralt, then slashed it across the leather seats, making sure his name was very visible to the eye.

I took a Louisville slugger to both head lights
I slashed a hole in all four tires

Satisfied with the interior work, Julian skid out of the car and picked up a crowbar that was leaning against the garage's walls. With a loud cry, he smashed the front headlights, not blinking or flinching as glass flew in his direction.

One of the classic Apple ringtones echoed through the garage. Julian dropped the crowbar and walked over to the landing, picking up the phone then pressing the 'Accept Call' button.

"Jules, you didn't answer my text, are you alright?" Triss' worried voice spoke loudly on the other side, cars honking and passing by hinted that she was outside.

Julian looked back at the work he had done, a tear falling down his cheek while he smiled lightly. "I'm fine now, Triss," He croaked back, "would you mind if I stayed at yours for tonight? I'm not quite up to facing him at the moment."

"Of course, Jules, I got your back. Do you need me to pick you up, or are you going to take his Mercedes?"

Julian let out a shaky laugh, nodding to no one. "I don't think his car is in any condition to go anywhere at the moment. I'll see you in a few minutes."

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats