Chapter I

A/N: If you found this story via the author's note at the end of my Legend of Zelda Imagines book, I know this seems similar to my Revali imagine, but there are a few important changes, so you should read this chapter in its entirety!

PoV: Y/n

"Revali!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, my f/c feathers billowing in the fierce wind. I jumped from the largest Rito Landing, a gust of wind underneath my wings causing me to soar upward. I continued to gain altitude until I was just above my target and dove for the top of the bird-like Divine Beast Vah Medoh.

Revali was atop the ancient beast as well as he stared down a large, pulsing pool of purple malice. Almost nobody would be able to see the quickened rise and fall of his blue feathered chest, or the way his eyes widened and his pupils dilated, but I was lucky enough to know the Rito well. He was nervous. He was scared.

I landed next to the male with a thump. Without looking from the pool of malice on the ground he said, "Y/n. Go home. You can't be here... Not now." Despite knowing that he couldn't see me, I shook my head. "Please." He almost begged me, but I still refused to leave his side.

The pulsing pile at our feet began to grow, taking on a large form before solidifying into a giant monster. It let loose an ear-splitting roar, and Revali quickly drew his Great Eagle Bow. "Y/n! Leave!" He instructed one final time before jumping into the air, skillfully gliding around the huge beast before us.

Being the stubborn Rito that I am, I drew my bow as well, loosing arrow after arrow at the monster, careful not to hit Revali's darting form.

The beast, which I was certain was a fraction of Calamity Ganon, was completely ruthless. It was by far the most difficult opponent I had ever faced in battle, and I knew Revali had never battled anything with this strength either.

Instead of a right hand, it's arm morphed into a sort of canon. The monster attacked with hit after hit, blast after blast. Revali and myself continuously managed to dodge the attacks. After a while though, my movements became sluggish. I was nearly exhausted. and I knew that Revali must be feeling much worse. While he was great with a bow, I had much more physical endurance.

As I let loose yet another arrow I heard an agonizing scream and turned to the Rito I had begun to care so much about. Revali's eyes widened in shock as he stumbled toward me, blood seeping from seemingly every part of his body.

I screamed his name as I ran toward his hurt form. I began to sob as he gently caressed my cheek, carefully leading us away from the monster, my tears landing in the soft blue feathers on his forearm.

"Y-y/n." He stuttered out, his voice barely above a whisper. I lowered my head to his beak as he struggled to speak. "You should have gone h-home." He said as a single tear left his eye. I stubbornly shook my head from side to side, which caused a small smile to spread across his beak as he lifted one wing to gently caress my face. "I love you..." his voice trailed off as he turned back to his foe.

One final blast was shot from the monstrosity's canon. Revali shoved me back with all of the might he could muster as I grasped desperately onto his Champion's Scarf. The tattered end of the bright blue cloth ripped, sending me tumbling over the edge of Vah Medoh. The last thing I saw was Revali's form go limp before the force of the blast knocked me unconscious.

A/N: Thanks for reading the first chapter in Love of the Wild! This chapter was previously a one-shot in my Legend of Zelda One-Shot book, but @wolfyspiritdragon made a comment that helped to inspire this book! They've been helping me with this story! I'm also re-purposing some plot lines of an old Link x Reader that I never published :) Leave a vote if you enjoyed, and I hope you stick around for the rest! Enjoy your day/night, you lovely readers <3