Loyalty

MANGA SPOILERS AHEAD, UP TO AROUND CHAPTER 266 SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, LEAVE NOW, THANK YOU

This is kind of an internal monologue from the perspective of Twice.

"Because.

You're a good person."

Those words. What did that man, that hero, mean by telling him that? What did he hope to accomplish?

Well, he knew what they meant. He was being offered a chance. A chance of a different life.

Could he ever do that? Start over, make a life for himself. Maybe he could do something, be someone. Maybe he could have done that from the start. He had just needed someone, anyone to reach out a hand.

And now, this hero was doing that. This hero, Hawks, who had pretended to be his friend.
Hawks, who was now looking down on him.
Hawks, who was telling him that he could get his life back on track while pointing daggers at his face.

This hero thinking that he could rejoin the society that had already once rejected him.

...

All he had wanted was to be accepted. It really wasn't much to ask for, was it?It would have been enough to have had someone to just talk to. Someone who would just listen to him, someone who would give him a chance.

But the world wouldn't even give him that.

He had only himself to talk to, only himself to look to for that feeling of companionship he so desperately desired. Yet, even that failed him. The splitting pain he felt in his mind was a constant reminder that he couldn't even trust himself.

No one had been there for him. No one until-

Who'd have thought someone would find him? Someone who thought he could do something great. Someone who accepted him. Someone who he could trust.

And it hadn't been just one person.

Giran
Shigaraki
Toga
Spinner, Big Sis Magne, Compress, Dabi

People who had taken him in, welcomed him with open arms. People who were able to look at him and see him for who he was and not turn away. Fellow outcasts, misfits, they were a group of people connected by rejection from the rest of the world.

This... HERO... could not understand.

Hawks really thought that he, Twice of the League of Villains, would be willing to leave his friends behind.

Hawks didn't know.

He didn't know how Giran had given him a chance. How he had told him that he, despite how he felt, wasn't actually alone.

He didn't know how Shigaraki believed in him and how, even with his desire to destroy the world, he told them he'd not touch the things they loved.

He didn't know how Toga made him feel needed. How she had stopped to help him, make him feel whole.

Hawks didn't know how they had saved him.

So, no.
He couldn't turn his back on them.
Whatever that hero had to say, it wouldn't mean anything to him.

His loyalty to the people who cared for him was unwavering.

Good person?

Fuck that.

Hawks didn't understand.

Nothing could sway him, not now. Not after his time in the LOV. Not after he had finally found a place in which he belonged.

As long as he was capable, until he drew his final breath, nothing would stop him from protecting his teammates, his friends, his family.

"I'D TRADE MY SOUL FOR THE LEAGUE'S HAPPINESS!"