Chapter 8: Directing

Y/N's POV:

I drive Damien and Shayne to the office and for some reason they are both sitting in the back seat, goofing off. Shayne is screaming and Damien is laughing like a maniac.

"Don't make me turn this car around!" I shout so they can hear me over Shayne's screams.

"Sorry, Moooooom." Shayne says sarcastically.

"You know one of you could've ridden in the front seat." I say.

"No!" Damien crosses his arms.

"Oh my gosh..." I sigh and shake my head.

I pull into the parking lot and park the car. We all get out and walk into the office. The boys wave as we go our separate directions, I know they have a full day of filming today. I sit down at my desk and get straight to work editing the latest sketch they filmed which is 'Every Daycare Ever'. The first thing I do is make all of the scene separators where it's just the title screen and someone says something. I copy and paste the title screen a bunch of times and then take all of the audio files and attach them to the title screens. After I'm finished that I start dealing with the actual scenes, formatting them, cutting them, switching camera angles, adding music, etc.

After about an hour and a half, Olivia and Damien walk up to my desk. I take off my headphones and spin around in my chair to face them, "Hey guys, what's up?"

"Not much. We just finished shooting a challenge video thing for Smosh Pit." Damien replies.

"Cool, what challenge was it?" I ask.

"Another LEGO building contest." Olivia says, "We're shooting a sketch in a few minutes once everything is set up."

I nod and Ian and Matt Raub walk very quickly up to my desk. Damien and Olivia step aside slightly.

"Y/N!" Ian says.

"Ian!" I laugh.

"Okay enough chit chat, Ryan Todd is in a meeting and we were wondering if you'd like to direct the sketch?" Matt Raub says.

"Really?" My eyes go wide.

"Yeah, I mean you have experience. We have producers but no director, what do you say?" Ian asks.

"Sure, I'd love to! Just let me export my files I've edited to Mike..." I turn back to my computer and save and export the video files to Mike and he gives a thumbs up.

"Okay, let's shoot this crap!" I smile and follow the four of them out of the office area and into another room where the film equipment is set up.

"Here is the script, it's called 'Christmas in July'." Matt Raub says handing me a script, "We'll give you a few minutes to look it over and talk to the writers and then we'll begin."

"Awesome thanks!" I smile and go to find Monica to talk about what the intentions of this video are.

After a quick meeting with Monica, I understand the script and what it's supposed to look like so I head into the room where everything is set up again and sit down in the director's chair.

I feel an arm sing around my shoulders and I look up to see Shayne smirking, "What are you doing in the big leagues?" He says.

"I happen to be in charge of you today. I'm the director." I smile.

"Hey, that's great! Please don't torture me." Shayne pouts.

"Be a good actor and I won't have to." I smile and pat his hand which is on my shoulder.

"Alright is everybody ready?" I shout and everyone nods, "Great! Let's start with scene one featuring Noah, Keith, and Shayne!"

Shayne shoots me a quick smile before heading to in front of the camera.