Chapter 14: Movie Night

Y/N's POV:

At the end of the day, I walk out to my car and see Shayne leaning up against it. 

"I was gonna hide in the backseat and scare you but it's locked." Shayne says as I approach him.

"Thanks for letting me know." I laugh and unlock my car. I get in the driver's seat and he gets in the passengers. I start the engine and pull out onto the street, "What movie do you want to watch tonight?"

"I was thinking we could watch a horror movie." Shayne replies.

"No way. If I watch a scary movie I am not going to sleep tonight." I shake my head.

"Oh c'mon! I'll be there to protect you." Shayne laughs, placing his hand on my thigh and rubbing it with his thumb.

I roll my eyes, "Right, and what if you get killed before me? Then what am I supposed to do?"

"I guess you'll also get killed and then we'll spend our afterlife together haunting the squad." He chuckles.

I sigh, "Fine. But nothing too intense and you're ordering me something from postmates."

"Deal." He says.

I pull up to our apartment complex and we get out of the car. We take the stairs up to our apartment and I immediately flop down on the couch.

Shayne laughs, "Tired?"

"Busy day. I was editing for most of it but I was also sorting schedules and different arrangements with Ian. I also kicked your butt in a ping pong ball battle." I smile.

"Uh, if I remember correctly, I took your gun from you. I don't know how you think you kicked my butt." Shayne chuckles.

"Okay, but I kicked your butt in good mentality." I say.

"Oh really?" Shayne says and flops down on the couch on top of me so his head is resting on my chest and one of his arms is dangling off the side of the couch. 

"Shayne! Get off, you're going to suffocate me!" I laugh loudly.

Shayne just hums and doesn't move. I try to shimmy him off but it's no use so I give up.

"I'll get off when you tell me who won the ping pong ball gun battle." Shayne says.

"Me." I say simply.

"Incorrect." Shayne says almost in a whisper.

"Oh yeah? Why do you think you won?" I ask.

"Because the first time, you ended up in a ball on the ground. The second time, I got to hold you in my arms, and then I took your gun." He replies.

"Yeah... You won." I say quietly.

"What was that?" He asks.

I sigh, "You won." I say slightly louder.

Shayne lifts his head up off my chest and looks at me. I lift my head slightly to look back at him. He smiles and props himself up on his elbows, before getting up off the couch.

"What do you want to eat? I'll order you postmates now." Shayne says.

"McDonald's." I smile.

"Okay, and what do you want from McDonald's?" He asks.

"Chicken nuggies." I say.

He gives me a quick smile and grabs his phone to order our food.

We hang out for a little bit and wait for our food to arrive. I change into some red plaid pajama shorts and a black boxy crop top, way comfier then the jeans I wore to work. As Shayne is changing out of what he wore to work I hear a knock at the door and go to answer it. I look through the peephole and see it's our food. I thank the postmates guy and bring the food inside. Shayne comes out of his room and into the kitchen area in his Smosh sweatpants and a white t-shirt.