Part 6 - Liam

Liam went into school around 10 the next morning. He'd spent the night thinking about Alex and decided that it wasn't worth the heartache of explaining his life to her. He wasn't going to try dating someone again just to lose them. He called Jackie and asked if she wanted anything from Tim Hortons because if he showed up with an ice cap and she wanted one? He'd hear about it for weeks. By the time he got off the phone, he needed 5 ice capps and a donut 'for the baby,' anything thing except plain.

He walked in, handing Stephanie, the school secretary, her drink and Jackie, who was in the office chatting, ehers, along with her donut. Then he headed down to his room, passing Jackie's on the way. Loud, bad music, probably some awful boyband knowing Jackie, was pouring out of the room. Liam peeked in the doorway and saw Alex, dancing around the room, signing at the top of her lungs. And she could dance! Liam leaned against the door frame and watched her spin and shake her hips. She was sexy. He wanted her. He knew it. When the song ended, he set down the drinks and clapped. Alex turned around and faced him, turning red and sputtering, "I...I didn't...uh..."

"It's okay." he laughed. "Here's your drink. You are pretty good."

She blushed again. "Lots of lessons." she said. "I wanted to be a dancer until I was about 14. Hurt my knee. Never the same." She shrugged her shoulders and walked over, taking her drink.

Liam looked into her eyes, again, thinking just how beautiful she was. He would really, really like to kiss her, he thought. Shaking his head, he picked up the drinks and said, "One more stop." and hurried into his own room.

He walked across the room, opened the door between his room and Harry's and called out, "Come get your drink!" Then, he went back to his desk to drink his and to breath.

"Hey, man!" Harry said, walking in and getting his own drink. "Thanks. This is a perfect pick me up. And, what happened to our 'we are men, no decorations' pact? Look at this place! Looks like the damn Carsondellsoa catalog threw up in here. Dude. You are making me look bad. Ms. Brower is going to be all over me." Harry sat on Liam's desk and took a drink of the frozen coffee.

Alex opened the door and popped her head in. "Liam? Did you need any help?"

Liam pointed at Harry. "Harry is angry with me. I need to you beat him up?"

Alex laughed. "What did you do?"

Harry yelled, "He decorated!"

"Oh! That was me. Sorry!" Alex said.

"Well, if I pretend to be straight, will you do mine room? Hang on, let me see if I can make that hang dog, pouty thing Liam does to the single moms so they will clean up after the Halloween party." Harry pouted his lips and batted his eyelashes at Alex.

Liam slugged him in the shoulder. "Get your ass off my desk." he said, laughing.

"I'll help you, Harry. Jackie has tons of stuff. Oh! Liam has the whole pack of rainbows he didn't use? Do you want your theme to be rainbows?" Alex asked.

"Holy Mary, Mother of God! Yes! Mrs. Brower's head will pop off! Let's go!" Harry jumped off the desk, grabbed Alex's hand and dragged her across the room, into his room and then shut the door with a bang.

Liam laughed. Well, Jackie would be glad that Alex was fitting it, at least.

Liam spent the day getting his room 'ready,' which meant taking things out of cupboard and putting them where they belonged. He passed out books to each seat, moved the tables and chairs where he wanted them, and set up his stations. Tomorrow was the first real day of work and he'd spend most of it in meetings. He has two days of meetings and one day of work. His birthday was Saturday but he was having people over for the BBQ on Friday, after work. He didn't want to be scrambling here. He wanted to walk out on time and get home to fire up his new grill.

He was testing his markers when Alex reappeared from Harry's room. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"Testing markers?" He opened each marker and drew a line on the whiteboard. If it worked, he recapped it and set it aside. If not, he threw it in the trash.

"Oh! I'll help. Jackie went home. She's done. Harry is pretty close, too." Alex walked over and picked up a marker, popped off the capped and drew the line. It worked, so she set it in the 'good' pile. She grabbed another and as she went to write, Liam's hand got in the way and she drew on him. "Uh, well, it works?" she laughed.

Liam looked at his hand, pretended to be mad and said, "Oh, yea?" and drew on her. She fought back, swiping his face and arms, anything she could reach and he did the same. Liam reached up and grabbed her hand with the marker and held it up, laughing in triumph, then looked down into her green eyes. "I won." he said. She nodded and gulped, looking up at him. Liam leaned in closer, slowly, waiting to see what she would do. She turned her face up and closed her eyes, waiting for the light kiss. When she didn't pull away, Liam deepened the kiss, dropping her hand and wrapping that arm around her. She put her arms around his neck and felt his tongue on her lips.

The door opened and Harry stuck his head in. "Hey! I'm leaving!" he called. Then he said, "Oh! Sorry."

Liam and Alex jumped apart. Alex scooted around him, went through the door into Jackie's room and closed it behind her. Liam looked up. "Thanks, Styles."

Harry shrugged and shut the door. Liam stood for a second, his hands on his hips, wondering what he should do. Apologize? Just go home? Sit back at his desk? He decided to go next door and tell her he was sorry. Put the ball in her court? Sighing, he wondered what he was even thinking. He went over to the door and opened it, but Jackie's light was off. Alex must have left.

Liam: So, I messed up.

Jackie: What did you do?

Liam: I kissed her.

Jackie: Oh hurray! I knew you'd like her.

Liam: Harry interrupted and she left.

Jackie: Oh. Well, just talk to her tomorrow? It will all be great.

Liam: She's not going to want to date me. Not after I tell her everything

Jackie: Oh, please stop. She's not Sophie. Not all woman are evil, baby obsessed weirdos.

Liam: Says the pregnant woman.