014

"Look at that." You point to a familiar face in the Volleyball magazine Nishinoya's reading.

"Dude that's nuts! The photo's huge!" Nishinoya yells gaining the attention of those still in the gym.

"Let me see?"

Nishinoya angles the magazine so Asahi can see the picture of Ushiwaka. Who then let's out a shocked noise.

Hinata and Kageyama walk over and Hinata bends down to see "What is it? What's up?"

Tanaka takes the magazine from Nishinoya and shows it to Hinata "Looky." You join Nishinoya, Tanaka, and Sugawara and sit on the floor with them. Hinata takes the magazine and looks down at in confusion. "These guys are this year's three to watch high school boys! They've made Ushiwaka from Shiratorizawa one of the three players to watch in this years nationals."

Finally realization flashes on Hinata's face. "That's the school Kageyama didn't get into!" You cover your mouth as you try not to laugh.

"Shut up!" Kageyama yells at Hinata before turning to yell at Tsukishima and Yamaguchi who were laughing at him as well.

Hinata lowers the magazine and looks at the four of you on the floor, plus Asahi behind you all and you note Daichi coming over to get Kageyama to stop before walking behind Hinata. "So, who's Ushiwaka?"

"Don't you know?" (Tanaka)

"The only player Hinata cares about is the tiny giant." (Suga)

"Ushiwaka is currently hands down the number one ace in the prefecture. Wakatoshi Ushijima. Ushiwaka's just a stupid nick name." You explain the annoying character in both you and your brother's lives.

"Yeah, now this is what a real ace should look like." Daichi speaks up before looking at Asahi with a blank face, you and everyone else doing the same.

"H-hey, why are you looking at me?"

Asahi turns before a gloomy aura surrounds him, Nishinoya standing and patting his back to comfort him.

"Kageyama, you tried to go to his school, right?" Suga ask.

"Let me guess! You wanted to tell this super high school level ace "Move faster you clumsy shit!" To his face?" Tanaka ask doing an imitation of Kageyama before laughing.

"I would never!" Kageyama defends.

Hinata is serious as he goes back to staring at Ushiwaka "We need to defeat them to play against Nekoma."

"Woah there." Coach Ukai says getting everyone's attention. "Shiratorizawa isn't the only good school team out there." He walks over before standing over by you guys causing for you all to stand up in front of him. Even Asahi walks over from wallowing in sadness. '

"Do you mean last year's best four sir?" Sugawara ask.

"Obviously, but there are also other good teams this year." Coach takes out a few papers. "Like Wakutani South, which has excellent defense and solidarity. Date tech, the team summed up with the term 'iron wall.' Their wall has higher blocks than any other." You grab Asahi's hand at that, knowing what happened the last time you all went against them. "Isn't date tech the team we lost 2-0 to in the prefectural public tournament this march?" You squeeze his hand in reassurance, a way to say I believe in you.

"Their second year, Aone, is the one to look out for. Date tech has always been a best four level team, but last year they ended in the best 16 tier in round three against the tournament winners, Shiratorizawa. That's why their not seated this year." Coach looks at all of you "What this means is, depending on the parings it's possible to be matched against them in round one."

Ukai turns the page "Next up, is... oh, right. I'm told you held a practice game with them not long ago." Seijoh. "Their setter is Number 1 on their team for offensive power. He is also an excellent setter." You sneak a peek at Kageyama to see him with house mouth open and staring at coach Ukai dumbly. "He is possibly the best all-around top player in the prefecture." At that his mouth closes and he glares holes at the paper in the coaches hand. "Tooru Oikawa, the leader of Aoba johsai."

Hinata straightens up at the mention of your brother as Yamaguchi's face turns into one of annoyance. "The great king!"

"Oikawa..." The coach looks from his paper to you, he only squints at the paper then you before going back to normal with a small nod "These are last years best four."

Tanaka lets out a weird frustrated grunt "Damn."

Ukai shifts through his papers once again "Last, but obviously not least, Super High School Level ace, Wakatoshi Ushijima commanding Shiratorizawa. That's about it. I'll explain in more details later."

Both Daichi and Sugawara let out a "Wow" before making an amazed but slight shocked face at coach Ukai who picks up on it. "Are you two thinking something rude about me right now?" Both of them shake their heads frantically. Coach, getting back on topic folds the paper as he begins talking "Anyway, that's my personal prediction for this year's toughest four." He places the paper in his pocket before placing his hand on his hips "That being said, if you keep starring up at the top, you'll get the rug pulled out from under you. No team in the tournament is there to lose. They are all there to win." You raise your hand sensing coach is finished. And he points at you to say 'go ahead.'

"Coach is right. All the while we're training with everything we've got, the other teams will be training with everything they've got too. Previous winners and losers alike are all aiming for victory. Don't ever forget that." A dark look crosses your face as you remember what Kindaichi dared to call your team "And don't you guys ever allow for other teams to call us "the clipped crows" ever again!"

"Y-Y/N..."

You hold up a finger to the second and third year's who's eyes are watering. "And don't you baka's dare cry." They suck in their tears but all have stupid looking grins on their faces and Tanaka and Nishinoya are muttering about how good your motivational speeches are. While the poor first years just look lost.

The gym doors fly open, snatching everyone's attention. "Your all still here? Sorry i'm late!" Oh, a wild Takeda has appeared. "I was stuck in a meeting. Anyway..." He walks into the gym papers in his hand, are those... "I've got it! I've got the pairings for the inter-high preliminaries!" It is!

He hands a paper to Daichi and immediately you all crowd around him to read it. "If we make it through round one, and Date Tech does the same, we'll be matched against them in round two." Nishinoya points out.

"That's not all. Aoba johsai's seated in our block." If Date Tech doesn't take us out. Tooru just might...

"Hey!" You glance back up at Ukai to see he looks annoyed at all of you "Don't tell me you already forgot what Mr. Manager and I just said. If you keep looking at the top..."

"We know." Daichi answers "We will win the game... that's in front of us!"

***

You grab your bag before heading out the gym doors "Y/N!"

"Huh, Oh...Coach." You step down the stairs and towards the older male. "Can I help you?"

"Oikawa. That's your surname isn't it?"

You nod at him "Yes sir." I think I know where this little chat is going.

"Any relation to Aoba johsai's setter?"

"Tooru Oikawa... Yes sir, he's my older brother."

Ukai gives you an evil smile "Wanna give us any tips or tricks?"

"I'll tell you the same thing I told Seijoh." You turn and walk away from the coach "I'm no rat."

You hear the coaches laughter as you leave "You really do crack me up kid. So serious."