Part 2: Manny

I walked over to the hotel phone, and I stared at it for a moment. It was an old phone it had to be from the seventy's maybe even late sixties but that doesn't matter right now I need to call Chaz. I dialed Chaz's cell phone number into the old phone as fast I could. It began to ring and I tapped my foot rapidly on the ground as I began to become more and more impatient. Chaz finally picked up the phone.

"What do you want John" he said

"I'm at motel mate I need you to come and pick me up, and bloody fast we have a big problem."

"Yes John I know where you are I'm outside the hotel now.. With Liv."

"Why in the bloody hell do you have Liv with you?"

"She came to me for help John I couldn't just turn her away."

"Fine, but you better believe when we get rid of this demon Liv is not staying."

"Let's hope you change your mind John."

"I doubt that's going to happy Chaz but you can believe whatever you want."

As I said that I hung up and lowered the protection spell I had placed on the door and made my way downstairs. As I reached the bottom of the old mud stained stairs I tossed my room key at the man at the front desk and told the man at the front desk to charge everything to the room my wife is still staying up there. Which was obviously a lie because I've never had a wife and I never will. It's just not really my style. I continued walking out the door and I made my way to the rusted up old taxi cab from the early ninety's. I opened the door to the frontside passenger seat I say down and made myself quite comfortable, but suddenly I saw time freeze around me and out of the corner of my eye I saw Manny my "guardian angel" he's more just someone who tells me what I already know and doesn't help me with even one bloody thing. He usually wears the same thing every time I see him it's always a grey jacket, a white shirt that's slightly wrinkled toward the bottom, a pair of tight fit grey jeans, as well as a pair of black dress boots that look like which had black thin laces that looked as though you could give one small tug and snap them in two. He never changed the appearance of his face either. He was always an African American male who was just a tad bit shorter than me, his eyes are always yellow with a small hint of red throughout and he has short black hair that is somewhat curly. He has a small about of facial hair that wraps around in a circle from under his nose to the bottom of his chin, at his chin the grew his beard like a soul patch but it was slightly larger.
He and looked into the mirror so he could see my face and I looked up in the mirror and saw his staring back at me.

"What could you possibly want how manny? I've got a lot of bloody work to do."

"The demon you are going up against John is a Kojako, a Japanese demon that sucks out it's victims souls and leave the body to rot."

"I know my bloody demon. I know what I'm dealin with mate. I was going to be on my way to my little house to grab what I needed to banish this thing, before you came along."

After that I didn't hear an answer and time began to move once again and I looked over at Chaz. He had his brown hair slicked back like he usually did and his brown eyes stared at me like I was the bloody devil. He had his old brown sports jacket that he always left unbuttoned to reveal his white dress shirt that had the first two buttons undone. The shirt was never tucked in and it was always a little to big for him. He wore a pair of brown slacks which were a bit loose on him. He had a pair of black doc Martin boots that were so dirty that you could hardly tell they were black. He was a big man so it was a bit odd that some of his clothes where too big for him.

"Alright Chaz I need you to take m-.. Us to our little hideaway I have something I need to grab to banish this demon."

"Whatever John, as long as you can get rid of this thing I'll drive you wherever you need to go."

"Well Chaz that's good, now let's be on your way.. And let's be quick about it. Liv you may wanna strap yourself in and hold on tight."

As I said that Liv's eyes widened and she made the first noise i had heard her make since I sat in the car she covered her mouth with one hand and then she began to scream almost silently as we screeched of into the night