Chapter Five:

"Brahms." his name rolled out of my mouth as I picked myself up off the bed and made my way towards him slowly. I didn't want to scare him anymore than he was scaring himself. "Brahms listen to me, you need to breathe." I said softly, but also with some authority. I stayed a couple feet away because I didn't know if he would lash out physically or not.

He glared at me before taking a deep breath. "Don't you tell me what to do!" he rushed out but I could see it in his eyes. He was afraid of rejection. Seeing the fear in his eyes I decided that I wouldn't let him bare it alone, I may get hurt, but he needs to see that I don't think of him the way he's assuming.

"Brahms." I said evenly while reaching out towards him and stepping closer. He needed to calm down before he made himself sick.

"No! Don't come near me!" he screamed and swung his arm out which connected with the side of my face successfully stopping me in my tracks. Everything paused as we processed what had just happened; he slapped me. Brahms sucked in a breath while I continued to stand staring off at the wall.

"Alice? I didn't mean it." he said shakily, at his voice I slowly sucked in a breath and turned my face to look back at him. I could see the absolute heartbreak and sadness in his eyes as he stared at my cheek which was no doubt purpling and swelling. I blew out the breath before giving him a smile.

"I know you didn't mean it; but let's calm down now okay?" I questioned evenly before reaching out for his hands which he obediently gave to me. "Now lets sit back down on the bed."

Leading him to the bed we both sat down and I gave him an encouraging smile before blowing out a breath. He doesn't know how to control his feelings it seems. Pushing the thoughts, and feelings I had about our previous moments away; I focused souly on him.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen when you said to keep my eyes closed. It's hard to do that when you're really in the heat of the moment; I apologize for making you uncomfortable." I said sincerely ignoring the blush that creeped up before rubbing my thumb across the top of his hand that I was still holding. Brahms continued to stare at my face before he shook his head.

"No, it's to be expected. I got carried away and couldn't control myself. It's only normal for you to be curious." he said while running his fingers through his hair while looking down at the bed; after a moment though he looked up at me with a curious yet guarded expression. "You think I'm a monster don't you?" he questioned seeming so sure of the answer without even waiting for my response.

I stayed quiet for a moment before standing up, Brahms watched me before shaking his head and looking away in defeat. What he wasn't prepared for was for me to plop down directly in his lap, he jumped and almost threw me off before he slowly relaxed while staring at me.

"Would I do this if I thought so lowly of you?" I questioned situating myself before looking towards his face and reaching for his mask again; he flinched and went to guard it but paused when I gave him a small glare. He slowly put his hands down and instead stared into my eyes. I pulled the mask away gently before setting it on the bed.

I scanned his face slowly while he looked anywhere but at my face; I knew that he was uncomfortable, but this needed to be done. I gazed at the horrific scars before my eyes rested on his lips; they were scarred yes, but still full. His entire face was scarred but he was still very handsome. I could see the gorgeous man hidden underneath his gnarled flesh, and I couldn't help but smile at him softly.

"Or this?" I asked reaching my hand out and lightly tracing his nose making him flinch but refocus back on my own face. I traced over his eyebrows and his cheekbones before slowly tracing his lips; Brahms was completely still while I did this, so still that I wasn't even sure if he was breathing for a second.

"Perhaps this?" I asked in an airy voice before leaning forwards and capturing his lips for a few seconds. Brahms didn't return the kiss and in turn I pulled away and kissed his cheek instead. I needed to control myself, this was most likely a lot for him to take in and I didn't want to overwhelm him again. Tears were in the corners of Brahms eyes as he stared at me with a look that I couldn't decipher, afterwards I was yanked into his arms. He held me in his arms while he cried silently, I rubbed his chest the best I could in the position I was in.

We stayed like that for hours, him crying and me comforting him, until he fell asleep cuddled into my chest. Looking around the room, I saw that the sun was a dark shade of orange indicating that the sun was setting. I sighed a little before smiling down at the man cuddled into my breasts; there he was laying in between my legs covering my body with his bare face pushed against me. I fiddled with his dark hair while I looked around the room again; I had nothing else to do so playing with his hair seemed like the best option.

We spent an entire day in bed and honestly I wouldn't change it; I think this was a step in the right direction. If I was going to stay here, and be with Brahms, then it only makes sense to better our relationship. He didn't want me to leave, and he was strong enough to force me to stay, so there really wasn't any other course of action to take.