chapter 13

Harper's pov:

After we finished what we did in our bedroom, Ruel went downstairs and i went to the bathroom to clean up after he did.

I gasped loudly when i saw a love bite on top of my right breast. It was really noticeable in my tank top so i decided to change into a hoodie, Ruel's hoodie to be specific.

"Wearing my hoodie i see" he said from behind me.

I turned around and faced "Yeah. It's your fault anyway" i rolled my eyes.

His eyebrows were furrowed "What did i do?" he asked.

I leaned closer to his ear "There was a hickey on top of my boob and it was really visible when i was wearing my top" i whispered.

And now he had a cheeky smirk on his face, he shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'i have nothing to be ashamed of'.

I opened my mouth to say something when Heather entered the room "Mommy, daddy there are cookies that momsie made" she says.

Her tiny hands grabbed my slightly larger ones and pulled me to the dining area.

And she was right, on top of the table was a plate of cookies.

I took a bite on one and hummed in delight when i tasted it "This is so good"

I sat down on the chair with Heather on my lap, i was also feeding her cookies. Ruel also came in with a smile on his face.

He bent down and opened his mouth, wanting me to feed him. I got another cookie and fed him it.

"Mhmm that's good" he says while chewing.

"Well well if it isn't the cute family" Coco said entering the room. I looked down in shyness to what she said.

She also went to get herself some cookies and a glass of water "See you later" she said, leaving the three of us alone again.

"Oh and mom told me to tell you guys that we're about to watch a movie, you can join if you want" she said walking back to the room. "We'll just be in the movie room" she smiled and left, for real this time.

"Mama?" Heather looked up at me.

"Yes?" I cooed at her, tucking some of her baby hair behind her ear.

"Can i have more cookies?" she asked softly making both me and Ruel chuckle.

I smiled at her cuteness "Of course honey" i pulled the plate of cookies closer to her.

"My sister Sylvie is about to arrive later" Ruel says. "Heather" he called.

She looked at him whilst happily chewing on her cookie "You're about to meet your aunt soon" he tells her.

She tilted her head in confusion "I thought aunty Coco is my aunt?"

"She is baby, but daddy has another sister, whom you'll meet later" i explained.

"Oh ok" she replied going back to eating.

After we finished eating the cookies, we heard the doorbell rang. I looked at Ruel, then we both went to check to see who it is.

He opened the door revealing a guy and a girl with a baby bump, which I'm assuming is his eldest sister based on her looks.

"Hi it's nice to see you again Ruel" she said cheerfully and pulled him in a hug.

They both had big smiles on their faces, "Yeah you too, you look stunning" he said as they pulled away from their hug.

"Hey man" he bro-hugged the guy and  lightly slap on each other's backs.

"This is my girlfriend, Harper" he placed his arm around my waist, introducing me to them.

"I'm Sylvie" she smiled and hugged me "And this is my fiancé, Luke".

Luke shoot a kind smile at me and gently shook my hand. "It's lovely to meet you both" i said.

The guys carried the bags upstairs, whilst me and Sylvie went to the dining hall.

"Here are some cookies, your mom made them" i smiled.

"Oh hi little one!" she exclaimed as she saw a shy Heather sitting quietly.

"H-hello" she said softly.

"What's your name?" Sylvie asked with a high pitched tone.

"My name is Heather, I'm 4" she avoided eye contact with Sylvie, because she's shy.

I saw her glance at Sylvie's bump "What is that?" she asked pointing at her belly. Now she's slowly losing her shyness.

"There's a baby in there. Want to feel it?" Sylvie said rubbing her bump.

Heather's eyes grew wide "You a-a-ate a baby" she asked.

Both of us laughed at her "No bubs she didn't eat a baby. It's just where babies grow until they're ready to be born, it's like a temporary home for a baby" i explained, though i don't think she quite understood what i said.

She nodded her head and placed her small hands gently on Sylvie's bump, she let out a giggle as she touched it.

In that moment Kate and everyone else entered. "How are you liking it Heather?" Kate asked, smiling at Heather.

"It's weird" she replies as she pulls back her small hand.

Everyone in the room chuckled as others welcomed the two. It was obvious that the family is happy that they're together again.

They catch each other up on things, and some questions about me and Ruel were thrown around, like how long have we been dating.

"We've been dating for 7 happy months now" he answered with pride.

"How far along are you?" I asked Sylvie.

"I'm 6 months along" she said looking down at her swollen stomach. "I'm really thankful that my pregnancy  hasn't been hard on me so far" she says.

I soon discovered that she's having a baby girl. 

"Dinner's about to be ready soon" Kate announced.

I helped them on setting up the table, and Heather was having a conversation with Sylvie. I can already see that she's going to be a great mom.

Finally food is served, everyone put foods on their plates and they dive in.

Dinner was really delicious. Kate is a really great cook, everyone complimented her food.

"So when is the wedding?" Kate asked the engaged couple.

"We don't know yet. Probably after the baby is born" Luke replied.

That reminds me, Heather's birthday is in 10 days. I really have to start preparing for her birthday.

"Oh Heather's birthday is on the 18th, it'd be really great if everyone could come" Ruel says.

"Oh is that so? What would the birthday girl like as a gift?" Ralph says looking at Heather.

"I like big unicorn teddy bear" she stated.

"How old are you going to be?" Coco asked this time.

Heather hummed thoughtfully "five" she says as she held up five fingers.

"Oh wow, you're a big girl now huh" Kate says as Heather nods her head.

"She's still our baby though" Ruel speaks from beside me. I really love how he always address Heather as 'our' even though he's not the biological father.

He held my hand and smiled at me, suddenly i felt at ease around them. We grew closer to them in a short amount of time and I'm very grateful.

A/n:
How are my lovely readers? Hope y'all are safe. Love ya❤️😚