Chapter 4: White Heather

| Y/N POV |

I sat in behind one of the tables lazily writing the principles of the Lan Clan. This is so boring. I want to mess with someone. I then took out one of my little human talismans(idk what else to call them) and sent one to Lan Wangji. I looked over to Wei Wuxian seeing if he was going to do anything. He then sent his own towards Lan Wangji as well and looked back at me with a smile. As the little humans traveled toward Lan Wangji, Wei Wuxian and I plotted what we were going to do. The little humans arrived on top of the book Lan Wangji was reading. Lan Wangji looked up at us snickering as we saw his gaze. We immediately returned to our proper composure trying not to burst out into laughter. Wei Wuxian then walked over to Lan Wangji apologizing about what happened the other night which I did not know of. While he was distracting Lan Wangji, I started casting a small spell on the book Lan Wangji was reading to turn it into a BL manga.

Then Wei Wuxian showed a drawing he made of Lan Wangji reading. As usual, Lan Wangji said, "Boring." And put a silencing spell on Wuxian. Wuxian complained through his muffles. Then Lan Wangji went back to his book. His eyes grew wide as he flipped to the wrong page and scanned over pages before looking at me dead in the eye as I started laughing. Wei Wuxian laughed despite being silenced and Lan Wangji's face flushed red. He stood up and put a silencing spell muffling my laughs. He then shredded up the book as my expression suddenly changed into sadness. I silently cried at the work of art being torn to shreds.

Wei Wuxian returned to his seat with tears in his eyes from all the laughter. Now the fun is gone. We had to go back to work before our work doubled as Lan Wangji threatened.

~ Over at the Wen's lodging area ~

| 3rd Person POV |

"Shijie, what happened this time?" Wen Ning questioned. "Did (Y/N) cause trouble again?"

Wen Qing sighed. "(Y/N) snuck out past curfew and kind of messed around. She ran in order to be on time to the lecture because she was up late. She even supported, the thought of using resentful energy, in front of Lan Qiren." Wen Qing passed some medicine to Wen Ning and tea to drink with it. She sighed and changed the subject. "I still can't cure your illness. We're lucky (Y/N) helped or else it would have been worse."

Suddenly, the door slammed open. "Helloo Wen Ning and Wen Qing! I am back from copying the principles. It's time to sleep." Wen (Y/N) stretched as she entered the room and plopped herself in the bed. She wrapped herself with the blanket. She then opened one eye to see Wen Qing and Wen Ning staring at her. "What? Is there something wrong? Is Wen Ning illness getting worse? Do you need me?"

Wen Qing shook her head. "You know if you sleep right now, you won't be able to sleep at 9. You're going to get in trouble again."

Wen (Y/N) quickly sat up shivering at the thought of copying the principles of the Lan Clan 2000 more times. "Alright then, I'm going to wander. Do you need help finding that Yin Iron shard?"

"How'd you know I was sent here to do that? I thought only Wen Ruohan and I know."

"You think I haven't been inside my father's palace. I would never stick to staying inside my room forever despite being locked there. I've seen what he has floating on top of that lava pit. Anyways, where'd he say it was?"

"I can't say (Y/N). He only told me to investigate the area."

"Alright then I'm going to venture to this place." Wen (Y/N) walked out leaving Wen Ning with Wen Qing.

| Y/N POV |

I saw Nie Huaisang and Jiang Cheng hanging out without Wei Wuxian. Weird. Where'd Wei Wuxian go? I ran up to them and asked them for where Wei Wuxian was. They didn't know. Then a magical owl from the Wen Sect flew past. So they're spying on me huh. Or it may be looking for the Yin Iron shard. Jiang Cheng then witnessed the owl and questioned its presence.

"I heard owls are spies for the Wen Clan." Nie Huaisang started. "What do you think this one is doing here?" The two looked at me.

I looked back at them and half-lied. "I don't know. I haven't seen those in a while. After all, I've been locked in my room for practically my whole life. It's time for me to go." I bowed and then ran off to the back of the mountain where the owl disappeared off to. Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang nodded and went back to their conversation. I then overheard Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen talking about the unusual appearance of water ghouls and I stopped. I hid under the window before being pulled back. I yelped seeing that Wei Wuxian pulled me over as the Twin Jades of Lan started making over to where I was at. I noticed how close he was. He was holding my wrist and I could feel him breathing over my neck. I glared at him and elbowed him. He held his side in pain. I noticed that the Twin Jades of Lan were right in front of us. I nervously laughed before slowly walking back.

They looked at each other before back at us. Lan Xichen then offered, "Would you two perhaps want to join us at Biling Lake for the exorcism."

I looked at Wei Wuxian and then back at them. I nodded furiously. "Can I bring Wen Qing and Wen Ning too? I promise they won't be trouble."

Lan Xichen nodded in approval and looked at Wei Wuxian. "I'll go! But Jiang Cheng needs to go too."

Lan Xichen nodded again. "Very well. We're off tomorrow to Caiyi Town."

I then bowed and pranced off toward my residency to tell Wen Qing and Wen Ning, leaving Wei Wuxian with the Two Jades of Gusu.

~ Time Skip ~

We arrived in Caiyi Town and went on our way to Biling Lake. I spot Wei Wuxian with his alcohol trying to get Lan Wangji to drink it only to be rejected. I hopped onto my own boat as the boats crossed to the middle of the river. The fog thickened. We prepared for the impact of the water ghouls. The sound of water flowing was the only thing breaking the silence.

Then Wei Wuxian called to Lan Wangji. "Aye Lan Zhan, look at me!" Wei Wuxian sent a powerful splash with his oar towards Lan Wangji as Lan Wangji hopped over to Wei Wuxian's boat. There, a water ghoul was hiding under Lan Wangji's boat.

More water ghouls gathered underwater as I used my sword to slash some of them but it was no use. I heard a grunt from Jiang Cheng. Wen Qing jumped over to his boat in order to treat the cut he received.

The water ghouls started forming a Waterborne Abyss. We flew up in order to avoid being sucked in. I saw Wei Wuxian fly down in order to save Wen Ning and Su She. I watched thinking that he was going to be able to save them, but then I saw that Wen Ning's eyes had gone white. Wei Wuxian got startled and lost his balance . I raced down grabbing Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning. Lan Wangji then took Su She before the boat capsized.

I then whispered a spell to put Wen Ning to sleep so no one could see his white eyes. Lan Xichen then started playing his flute to exorcise the water ghouls that formed the Waterborne Abyss. I looked at Wei Wuxian who was hanging by the collar. He noticed and looked back to give a smile and thanks. Once Wei Wuxian got his sword back, I released him to fly on his own sword while I carried Wen Ning. We flew back to the Cloud Recesses where Wen Qing and I started taking care of Wen Ning.

I started concentrating on a spell for Wen Ning as Wen Qing got the soup. Wei Wuxian then entered the room, taking a look at Wen Ning. I continued concentrating while Wen Qing took care of Wei Wuxian. I faintly heard their conversation.

"What are you doing here?" Wen Qing questioned.

Wei Wuxian replied, "The door was open and I was concerned for Wen Ning. Why is he still unconscious? What's going on with him?"

"Wei Wuxian, a-Ning needs rest. Please leave if you have nothing else to say."

I finished the spell and put my hand on my head as I got a minor headache. "Well the spell is done. That's all I can do. He'll be awake in the morning." Wen Qing thanked me and I went to plop down on my bed.

Wei Wuxian pulled out a talisman to give to Wen Ning. "I wish for this talisman to protect him. I hope you can keep this talisman, but you can choose not to believe me." Wei Wuxian then left our building and went back to his own.