Chapter 7: Begonia

| 3rd Person POV |

The lecture at Cloud Recesses ended. The marriage between Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan was cancelled as discussed between the clan leaders of the Jiang and Jin Clan. Lan Qiren then informed Jiang Fengmian of the Yin Iron. The Jiang siblings and Wei Wuxian bid their farewells to the Lan Clan. Lan Wangji came in after to tell Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren that he was going to search for the rest of the Yin Iron. Wei Wuxian came to the thought that Lan Wangji was going to search for the Yin Iron by himself. He gave up on going home and caught up with Lan Wangji in order to venture off with him. Wen (Y/N)'s brother, Wen Chao, asked Lan Xichen about the secrets in the back mountains. Lan Xichen refused to tell, so Wen Chao threatened to harm Lan Wangji. As for Wen (Y/N), she was back to being locked in her own room except with a little more freedom as there are no guards at her doors anymore. Jiang Cheng went after Wei Wuxian to bring him back home. Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian arrived at Tanzhou where their Yin Iron started reacting.

| Wei Wuxian POV |

I walked around and bumped into Nie Huaisang. He ended up joining Lan Wangji and I as we walked the streets for any further signal of another Yin Iron shard. Then we saw a crowd form over a bulletin.

"Hey excuse me, what does the board say?" Nie Huaisang asked as he poked one of the people in the crowd.

"The seclusive Lady Florist has been inviting cultivators to her mansion for a verse party. She will treat and greet them in person if they're elegant and brilliant in poetry." The stranger said.

The bag that held the Yin Iron started glowing. We started going towards the Lady Florist's mansion.

~ Time Skip to The Lady Florist's mansion ~

We looked around and saw everything was in somewhat ruins. There were no flowers and just dirt.

"We're late again." I said.

Then Nie Huaisang picked up a feather. "The Dire Owl..."

We ventured off further in the area looking for any signs of the Yin Iron.

~ Time Skip to When The Trio Meets the Old Woman ~

"Look there's an old woman. Maybe she can give us a place to say." I said.

The old woman sat fidgeting as she mumbled a few words.

"Madam, we are passing through and we need a place to stay for the night. Can we stay at your place?" No response. "Madam?" We looked at each other. "Madam? We need a place to sleep." After a few moments she stood up with her hands still fidgeting. "Madam." She then waved us over. "Let's go." And we followed the lady. The town looked empty and skeptical. I stopped.

Lan Wangji looked over to me, "What?"

I replied, "I have a bad feeling about this place." We walked faster to catch up with the old woman. "Madam."

She stopped only to light say, "The fairy statue brings disasters and takes souls." We looked at each other confused. "Soul snatching. Spirit taking." She walked us up to a temple in Mt. Dafan. She stopped at the entrance and we walked inside. There laid a statue of the dancing fairy.

Nie Huaisang questioned, "Can she really snatch someone's spirit?"

I nervously nodded.

Then a man appeared from behind the statue. "No one has seen it snatch any spirits." he said.

"Who are you? When were you here?" Nie Huaisang said as he nervously backed away.

"I'm here all the time. Pass through quickly and leave soon, then." The man then talks about the statue before leaving.

The old woman from before came and gave us a bundle of sticks to make a bonfire for the night.

As night fell, the statue started moving, awakening us. We looked over to the statue. Some of the candles blew out as the fairy started to attack us. Nie Huaisang hid behind a beam while Lan Wangji pulled out his sword. Lan Wangji jumped to slash the statue but it was no use. Just when Lan Wangji was about to get hit I stuck my sword into the boulder beside me and used a spell to use golden rope to pull its arm back before it could hit him. As the rope snapped, the statue lost balance and I used my talismans to seal it back. We gathered in front of the fairy in case it were to awaken again. As we saw the statue flinch a bit, Lan Wangji used his own spiritual energy to seal the fairy statue into place.

We heard footsteps coming from outside and rushed to the door to see puppets coming. Each of us took a door trying to block the puppets from coming in. They banged on the doors of the temple, trying to get in. I moved back quickly and used a spell to hold back the doors, but it wasn't going to last. We heard a squawk outside.

"The Dire Owl." Lan Wangji said

"That damn owl again," I cursed under my breath.

The puppets then broke in the doors as we tried to fight some off. We moved back and I set a net to prevent the puppets from getting in further.

"Lan Zhan," I started,"Do you have any better ideas?"

"Run." Lan Wangji said bluntly.

Nie Huaisang started nervously complaining but was muffled by Lan Wangji's silencing spell. As we got ready to run out, the puppets stopped and started walking to the sound of a flute.