chapter eighteen

After Corey left yesterday after school and Rachel came home I was honestly bored out of my mind. So I ended up watching a show with Rachel, going to the park, making something to eat and going to sleep.

Its early in the morning now, the sun isn't up yet and I keep thinking about Jase, Corey, Rachel and Stacy, damn I couldn't get the drama out of my head that happened yesterday at school. I fell asleep past 10 last night so it's not really a big difference to my regular schedule. I turned over to check the time and it read 5:46.

Maybe I should go for a jog. Early morning jog sounds nice about now, but I'm so lazy to get up.

I'm going to get up, brush my teeth, put on something comfortable, go down and make me a smoothie and go out for that jog.

When I realised that thinking about it won't lead me anywhere I sighed.

I hopped out of bed and did exactly what I planned. I put on a jogging pants and a yoga bra with some sneakers. I tide my hair up into a ponytail and locked the door behind me.

I started running the opposite direction of school, along the rows of houses until I came to the lake. A huge lake I remember passing on our way to move here. As the sun begin to shine it reflected perfectly in the lakes water giving a glimmer. Now I could see little fish swimming inside. I sat down on the grass and started stretching.

Didn't Corey say that he is inviting his friends over today? If he is I'm kind of excited. Meeting new people was never something I felt comfortable with but these past few days I have stepped out of my comfort zone multiple times and honestly I like it, it feels as if I'm living more than what I use to. I stood up and looked at my surroundings just for precautions. I was safe, the lake was in between two large houses and oppersite stood trees, a small forest. Rows of houses were probably a 1 km away but I wasn't worried, rather I was enjoying the sunshine and peace that nature has in store.

I needed this.

I began jogging back when I got a call for my mother.

'Hey mum.' I slowed down.

'Hello cupcake how are you?' she spoke, sounding drained.

'Missing you guys so much, and how is it there?'

'It's so tiring I can barely sleep.'

'Dont over work yourself mum. Dad totally forgot to give your flowers and chocolates on your anniversary.' I laughed.

'And I was scolding at him the other day for not remembering!' She laughed as well.

'I ate the chocolates tho...' I admitted acting guilty.

'Ofcourse you did.' I knew my mother was rolling her eyes.

'Anyways mum, I've got to go. I went out for an early morning jog and now I have to get done. Lots of love bye.' I switched off the phone once I got to the front door.

The first thing I saw when I entered was Corey, shirtless, sitting at the kitchen table. I couldn't help but ogle at his exposed skin. Its not the first time but for some reason its hitting me differently. I couldn't tair my eyes away from his abs until he noticed me standing there.

'Nikki, where did you come from?' he broke the silence, he was still sleepy and his morning voice was a major turn on.

I looked away feeling my cheeks heat up. 'I went for a jog.'

He smiled and nodded. 'Wait, alone? What happened to not going out there alone?'

'It's early, no one would be up now anyways.'

He let the subject drop. 'I have to tell you something.'

'Speak my child.' I said in a godly voice.

'I- erh...' he looked at the cereal box then at his bowl.

'You good?' I ask him, I wasn't that interested at first to know what he was going to say, but now I'm intrigued.

'My friends are coming over later. So I was wondering if you could ask Elena to come over?'

'Yeah sure.' I shrugged, wait. 'Why?' Suddenly realization slammed me with a brick.

'She seems chilled.' he half smiled.

I smirked.

'Don't look at me like that, you look evil.'

I continued to smirk.

'Okay... I'm going to go...' He started.

'I'm just going to go wake up Rachel. See you later Elena.' I teased.

He groaned and closed his bedroom door the same time I knocked on Rachel's. The door swang open and I saw a sleepy looking Rachel holding her blanket.

'Want my help getting done?' I asked, I know she can  get done by herself but THIS is how lonely people are, I apologies.

She nodded and walked back in her room sitting on her bed. 'What do you want to wear?'

'Anything.' she shrugged.

I took out a pink crop top and a cute white jeans. I scanned her shoes looking for something to match and my eyes landed on pink Tommy's. I smiled at her and put her clothes down on her bed.

'When you done I can do your hair?' I grinned. She nodded again, does she never talk? "I'm just going to take a quick shower."

After my warm shower I through on a sleeveless black crop top that came up like a turtle neck and a black high waisted shorts, I slipped on black panty hose underneath it too. I felt...emo, I liked it.

I thought of wearing something other than sneakers today and searched through my mother's shoes, I settles for her sky high red boots. I uplied a winged eyeliner and made my hair in waves. I took my phone out checking the weather for later that day. Despite it being summer the weather has been a little off these past few days, with the sun came a little wind. The weather for later indicated that there will be a drizzle and gushing wind. I should have checked the weather BEFORE I got dressed.

I searched my cupboard for any matching jacket but the only thing I saw was my red hoodie, and it was cropped. I took it with anyways, better than nothing. I walked into Rachel's room to see her fully dressed and her bed made up.

She took a seat by her mirror and stared up at me. 'Make my hair like yours?' she asked and I nodded.

After I curled her long blonde hair I gushed at how cute she looked. A knock came from the door and we both turn to see Corey staring at us with a smile.

'You look like you haven't seen the sun in days Nikki.' I smiled, getting the reaction that I wanted. "But you made my little sister look cute as hell." Rachel walked up to him and gave him a hug.

It's cute to see the bond between them.

'Your driver is outside Rach. '

Few moments later, Rachel is gone and Corey and I are on our way to school.

'So about Elena...' I started.

'I don't like her like that Navy.'

'Navy is a weird nickname.' I cringed.

'Its unique.' He shot me a heartwarming grin.

'So is there anyone you like?'

He thought for a moment. 'There is...definitely.'

I smiled. 'Who?'

He looked at me and smiled. 'You'll find out soon enough.'

__________________________

Im interested to know your thoughts of this so far 😊

The gangs coming over and I'm excited to meet them! I'm weird sorry.

Who do you guys ship???

I was kinda struggling with a good title...

Creds goes to 1-800-BABYX for the book cover, you are amazing <3.