Chapter 2

Your room was silent. The only noise that you could hear was the clattering of pots and pans outside in the kitchen, but that was it.

Sitting by yourself on your bed, your shoulders were slumped and you were doing your best not to cry. "I shouldn't be crying," you whispered, wiping away the tears that pricked the corners of your eyes. "Especially for a stupid reason such as making eye contact...with him."

Taking a shaky breath, you slowly began to unbraid your hair as you stared out the window. The moon was in perfect view, shining a ray of light down into your bedroom. You smiled slightly at the sight, recalling the memories of whenever your father would bring you and Yí up to the rooftop to stargaze and sing lullabies.

◆━━━━━━◆❃◆━━━━━━◆

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

◆━━━━━━◆❃◆━━━━━━◆

It was 12:00 at midnight, and everyone in the house was asleep. Well, everyone but Yí, (Y/n), and their father, that is.

"Oh, what's this place, dad?" Yí asked, pointing to a picture of mountains in her father's scrapbook as she sat on his lap. The man chuckled and rested his chin atop her head, running his hand through (Y/n)'s hair as the other twin leaned against his leg.

"Those are the Yellow Mountains, Yí." Their father smiled and ruffled the ravenette's hair. "And it's another place that I plan on taking the entire family to see."

Yí laughed and began to swipe at her father's hand, trying to get him to stop messing her hair up as (Y/n) giggled and scooted away from their dad, not wanting to get noogied either. Their father instantly noticed this, and he grinned mischievously.

"And where do you think you're going, princess?" the man questioned as he grabbed (Y/n) by the back of her nightgown and pulled her back over to his side. (Y/n) laughed and immediately began to struggle out of her father's grasp as he started ruffling her hair up as well.

"Noooo!" (Y/n) giggled and turned around to tickle her dad's side, making the man quickly stop and begin laughing as her and Yí laughed along with him.

"Quick, (Y/n), run!" Yí yelled as she hopped off of the bench in their father's 'secret hide away' and grabbed her sisters' hand. (Y/n) giggled and hopped off after her and ran out onto the roof with her twin, just when their father had stood up.

"Oh, you think you can escape me so easily, huh?" The twins squealed at their father's 'serious' voice and quickly went to go hide behind a couple of boxes.

"Hm, let's see..." (Y/n) was giggling madly and Yí placed her hands over her twins mounth to silence her despite being in quite the giggling fit herself.

"Shh, (Y/n), shh!" Yí grinned and peeked out over the boxes they were hiding behind as (Y/n) clamped her hands over her mouth, her shoulders bouncing up and down due to her growing laughter.

"Huh?" Yí's brows furrowed in confusion and she stood up, looking around frantically. "Where did dad go?"

(Y/n) stopped laughing and stared at her twin in surprise before standing up as well to see what she meant. Just as Yí said, their dad was no longer in sight, making (Y/n) gasp and place her hands on her cheeks. She was beginning to tear up.

"Y-you don't think those scary men from dad's journal came here and took him, do you?" (Y/n) asked, making Yí's eyes widen in horror.

"We have to go get mom and rescue him!" Yí yelled, hopping over the box and beginning to make her way towards the fire escape.