• 0 1 •

"Mumma, you've braided my hair for fourteen times now!" Annika cried

"Mumma, you've braided my hair for fourteen times now!" Annika cried. Initially, she was told that she was going to meet her potential husband's mother and grandmother. Then, she was told his aunt was coming too. And now, she was sitting in front of her vanity, dressed in clothes she did not own until afternoon with her sister's nude barely there lipstick smeared on her lips, ready to meet everybody except the man who could possibly be the one she might end up spending rest of her life.

"I wouldn't have to if you hadn't coloured parts of your hair this shade of blue. At least could have gone for a darker colour, but no," Amala tugged on Annika's hair a little too hard and Annika winced. She could only hope that the Oberois were a little cooler than her mom. She was never prim and poise like her mother's social group and she was the kind of person they looked down upon. Needless to say, her mom was fretting over every little detail and doing everything in her power to make her look like a perfect 'bride' material.

"She likes her hair that way, hence she will wear it."

Annika grinned at her Dadu through the mirror while her mother rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. He came forward with a box in his hands, "These are your Dadi's earrings. I think you should wear them." He lovingly caressed her cheeks and gave them to her. Amala left the duo alone to check up on the kitchen. Annika turned up to her Dadu when he patted her,

"Annika..." He sat down and she knew it was serious when he addressed her with her name. He took her hands inside his and looked at his granddaughter. "Accept this only if you like this boy. Accept this only if he likes you for who you are. Getting married because you haven't figured out your wants in life is not a reason good enough. Okay?"

"Dadu, I love you!" She hugged him, completely overwhelmed. Even when she did things her family generally disapproved, they always stood by her. "But Dadu, I'm only meeting the family today. Chances are they won't find me suitable for their son. So, chill."

"Not suitable? It would be their honour to have my titli as their bahu. And Shivaay Singh Oberoi? I don't know who's more boring, him or your dad," Her Dadu said making Annika chuckle. She was not going to make any assumptions before she actually met the guy because she knew her grandpa was going to find fault in any man on earth. No one is good enough for his titli, after all.