• 0 7 •

It had been a few years since Annika had felt this way

It had been a few years since Annika had felt this way. Last time she had her cheeks heated up was when she was sixteen, but that was the memory she chose to forget. Now, there was something about Shivaay and the way he looked at her. His eyes seemed like a spotlight when they fell on her. She had no clue if getting married based on this feeling was right or rational. But Annika has done a lot of things that didn't align with reason, she could do this also.

She parked the car in their garage and went towards her home, whistling. When she rang the doorbell, one of their house-helps opened the door.

"Everyone is waiting for you in the roof deck," Chitra said with a huge grin. Annika gave her a smile and nodded. She knew what talk they were going to have with her, and she was ready to give her an answer.

"Papa..." She said as she got up the stairs.

"See, Annika came. Kiddo, we were waiting for you. Shivaay told his family whatever you decide is his answer." Harsh finished in one breath and heaved a sigh with a smile.

"And that is why we need to talk to you. He is a nice boy, Annika. But don't feel obliged to say yes, okay? Think it through, baby. You were not prepared for a rishta now. This was all very sudden for you," Amala said as she patted Annika's head.

"Haan Titli, think it well. You're only going to be 24. People get married in their 40s' these days," Amarnath said, and Annika looked at the three of them with her jaw slightly ajar.

"Papa Ji, 40 is late. Don't you want to see Annika's children?" Amala asked, and Amarnath nodded thoughtfully. The three then resumed talking about other things after they sat down, while Annika stood rooted to the ground while her mind raced through her ever-changing thoughts. She wasn't sure about the yes she was about to say as much as she was a few minutes ago.

Annika rushed to the first floor, and instead of going to her room, she banged the door opposite to hers.

No answer.

"GAURI KUMARI TRIVEDI," Annika yelled and banged the door again.

"Wait."

Annika heard her sister's voice. The door opened, and Gauri looked irritated.