Chapter 1

Xena's POV:

"I hate you."

"We've been over that already," I mumble while lying upside down on Zinov's bed.

"Do you know how unacceptable going to Juvenile will look on my report card and recommendation letter!" Zeeno exclaims frustration evident on his face.

Overdramatic as usual.

"It's actually a pretty unique word, " I grumble.

"This is —"

"Perfect! I mean, we both get to go to a summer camp together, but for free!" I cut him off, putting all of my weight on my hands so that I can now see his expression.

"Is that all you heard?" he asks incredulously.

"That's all I wanted to hear," I shrug, standing up and walking towards his room's door, noting that it's almost time for my curfew.

"Unbelievable," he mutters.

"You're unbelievable. And I'm, out of here," I announce while going down the stairs.

It takes no more than ten seconds-since we're neighbors- for me to find myself in front of my modern looking villa.

"I'm mad at you, by the way!" I hear Zeeno call out from his room's window but choose to ignore.

"Hey, ma!" I yell as I enter my house.

"Hi, sweetie, " she greets as she embraces me in one of her warm hugs.

My mom, Marissa, is the most beautiful woman I know. With her thick silky waist-length ginger hair and shimmering hazel eyes. And her thin yet perfect body. She's my best friend, not only because she passes as a teenager -because of how short and young she looks- but also because she understands what it's like to want excitement in your life.

"Where's dad?" I inquire.

"At work, " she replies dismissively.

"Okay, " I say as I hand my mom the paper I took from Hat's office.

"What's this, honey?" she questions searching my face for any emotions.

"It's Hat, again. This time he thinks I need to go to summer camp to fix my attitude. Only because of a few harmless pranks! He just doesn't appreciate my creativity! Can you believe that?" I ask with a scoff.

"Mr. Hyatt has never been one to appreciate humor. Even when I was a student, he would always punish us simply because of our basic pranks that were only meant to put a smile on his face. It is such a shame, though, that we will not be able to spend the summer together," she admits with a faint smile.

"This week, it's just me and you," I promise, as I kiss my mom's cheek.

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket as I run upstairs. Flopping on my bed, I unlock my phone.

Zeeno: Did you tell your mom?

Me: Yeah, she's chill.