In the beginning...

Hi! I'm glad you're here reading my story. Before you read I would like to inform you that all of these are just fictional and just all my imagination. In case some part of this story happened to be the same in other stories or reality, I would like to inform you that it's just pure coincidental. Also, beware of some grammatical errors and misspelled words. This is not edited yet. I'll try my best to make this story work and make it unique. In case you may not like my story just please tap exit. All of these are just for fun. Thank you. Enjoy!

This is a story behind the cancer fighter. Fighting from all the battles of life. And she's Odella. Let's go learn everything about her life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January...

I sang the first sentence of the song with all of my heart as I watch the patients in front of me. My mother, the daughter of the hospital's owner allowed me to do this every Friday night. Some of the patients here are just like me. Fighting. Fighting to live a longer life. Fighting from whatever disease we have. Which is not easy. It's never been easy.

Every night, before I doze to sleep through those long nights under a thick down comforter of my bed, a lot of thoughts would always visit me.

Makakagising pa kaya ako?

Sa susunod na araw kaya, hindi na ba ako mag hihirap?

Kailan kaya matatapos ang buhay ko?

I always think of these thoughts and it scares me. A lot. But I'm not scared for my own self. I'm scared for the people I'll be leaving. I can't imagine the thought of my mother crying. It broke my heart.

That's why the patients here, we enjoy every moment that we have. As if it's our last. Every Friday, we would gather everyone for our little catch up party. I would sing for them, nurse Lisa would cook our favorite tinola, Amber and Augustus  would play the guitar for everyone as we sing a song together, and a lot of hospital staff would join us.

That's our life. Life we treasure before death.

Darling, you're my, my, my, my lover...

Augustus made a beautiful ending strum of the guitar as I ended the song.

"I love you, Tay-Tay!" Amber shouted. I chuckled at her statement. We both love Taylor Swift. If only we could hug her right now, we would do everything to achieve that.

"Oh, anak. Dinner na!" I heard from my mommy. My mother is the most generous person I know. She's also down to earth. I look at her while I go near her. She's feeding while talking to the patient on a wheelchair. When you'll look at her, she's like a friend. Not a boss.

Kumain kaming lahat ng sabay sabay habang nagkwekwentuhan at nagtatawanan.
Ganito ang aking buhay. Nagsisinungaling ako kung sasabihin kong hindi rin ako napapagod sa sitwasyong ito.

Every time my chest hurt, every time I can't breathe, and every time I think of living my life with the oxygen tank I always have with me, I know my life is so far from what I've been dreaming.