《 Chapter 6: Treat 》

I and Leah had some friends from middle school that were in other classes. Despite not being classmates, we were still pretty good friends.

Their professor was so generous, and would always give his students treats for the slightest of reasons, unlike *cough*... someone.

After our last class of the day ended, I was really hungry. It was extremely embarrassing but I could hear my stomach growling many times in the silent classroom. At that moment for the first time, I was thankful that Sam was my senior and thus not in my classes. When I and Leah came out, we saw our friends enjoying their KFC treat.

Oh, how I wish we could get some!
I'm sure I was drooling.

And well next to their seat was Sam and his friends. I and Leah walked towards our friends.

Dear heart, please stop beating so fast every time I walk past him.

When they saw us coming, they gave us a box of chicken burgers, fries and some dinner rolls.

"We've been waiting for your class to be over to give this box to you guys", said one of them.
Our face lit up into a huge smile.
"We'll treat you some other time". We both said simultaneously.

Angels!

While smiling cheek to cheek, Leah dropped her bag, grabbed the box, and ran to an empty classroom.

"Ruby! Carry my bag for me, please!" She shouted as she ran away.
I carried her bag along with mine and ran towards her.

I swear we looked like such idiots running around the cafeteria but I couldn't care less.

Who cares?
Its fries before guys anyways.

Just kidding.

I kept my gaze off him, I couldn't bear to look his way, because if we made eye contact I thought he might be disgusted for some reason. I know there was nothing disgusting but I couldn't help but think that way.

I wish I could know what was running through his mind at this moment while looking at me.

...

*Sam pov*

To the weirdo girl, I see every now and then,

Every time I go to the library, I always see you sitting there in your usual place. The first time you caught my attention was when I thought you were crying. But then I saw the book you were reading. It was "The boy in stripped pajamas". After you left, curiosity got the best of me and I issued that book and took it home. It was so interesting that I finished it in one day. And guess what? I too cried a little.

The next time I saw you, you were reading "A monster calls". Looks like you really enjoy reading heartbreaking books. Slowly but surely it became a habit, every time I would enter the library I would look at the book you're reading. At times, I would be disappointed when you wouldn't be sitting at your original spot. We had similar tastes. My friends have always made fun of me for reading such books, but I was glad that there was someone similar to me.

It made me happy.

That was it. I really wanted to talk to you. But every time we would make sudden eye contact, you would look the other way so quickly that I couldn't help thinking you disliked me.

I really wanted to talk to you, I wasn't a shy person. But when it came to you, somehow I would be on mute and words wouldn't seem to come out of my mouth. One of these days, I'll work up my courage and initiate a conversation with you. I promise.

A few weeks later, I saw you in the cafeteria. You looked so happy like a kid who has won a lottery the moment you took that box of food. Later on, I realized I was smiling just looking at you.

Maybe because I wanted to be your friend? Surely that must be it.

Once again, thanks for reading!
Also tysm for 200 views!! ❤:")