10

After the light switch episode, Parker was completely out of it and I was practically smirking that I could make the 'player' of the school flustered.

After I figured out he was lying, I started thinking about what he could say. What was he trying to say??

"I-I..."

He what?

I'm such an idiot. I shouldn't have butted in. Now the curiosity was gnawing at me and ripping me apart from the inside.

After the lights and all were sorted, we started creating some space. Parker's basement was filled with instruments, speakers, amplifiers and a lot of boards with tons of buttons.

We moved all the stuff around to create a big enough space to dance. He seemed kind of dazed the entire time and wasn't really helping, though I couldn't blame him. I'm sure it took some time to recover after the fascination that is me.

I was kind of shocked he was musically talented. When I asked him about it he said it was because of his father who loved music.

When I noticed the past tense I shut up, knowing I could screw everything up if I said a word.

That was something I hated about myself. I could completely ruin a moment with a single word.

I remember this one time when I walked into my sister and her boyfriend close to kissing. The atmosphere was pretty intense and I could almost hear her eyeballs frantically signalling for me to get out but I stayed put like the dodo I am. Time ticked by and no one said a word. Then I had to open my big fat mouth, "So, who do you think would win in a fight? Superman or Batman?"

I wondered what happened to his dad but I wasn't planning on asking him anytime soon. With my uncontrollable mouth it could easily turn into a messy situation that none of us would opt to be in.

His mum was so cool, I was jealous. I hoped my mother was like that but nooo 'there has to be a set of rules every human being should live by'.

Well, boo-frickin-hoo.

We danced for a few hours till we took a break, considering we both were sweating like pigs, and I went to the loo to freshen up and he went to get some snacks. I was severely hoping they'd be biscuits or fruit.

I splashed some cold water on my face willing myself to not think about Mr. Cliff and the surprise quiz that could be happening right now.

He said it could be any day during the week and with my luck, it probably happened today.

Taking a few deep breaths and fixing my hair into a tight ponytail so that it wouldn't bother me during dance, I made my way back to the dance studio-slash-weirdly built basement.

As I walked down the stairs that led to where Parker was, I went back to thinking about what snacks he could possibly be eating and I prayed.

I prayed to every god possible. I prayed and prayed and prayed that he would be eating fruits.

But when I reached the basement, he was sitting on the floor with a plate of cupcakes in front of him. Fuck.

Yeah, I'll throw around the F-word. I don't care. It's not like God responded.

I gulped, crossing my arms over my chest hoping it would reduce the erratic beating of my heart.

My mind raced as I wondered what to do and what to say.

"Hey Mads," he said with a smile that could brighten up a whole room. I had gotten quite accustomed to his new nickname for me. I liked it and it sounded perfect coming from him.