Where's my epic background music?

My story doesn't start with an epic super villain fight scene like in the movies. Or a flashback to the 90s, nor some bad guy watching me on the news while planning revenge.

My story doesn't even start with an epic song. Which by the way, is insanely stupid. Everyone knows that the best superhero stories start with epic background music. Just look at Marvel. They do it right.

To say that my story starts in the middle of a fight scene with my fist connecting to a bad guys jaw while AC/DC blares in the background would be a lie. That would be cool. But sadly that's not the case.

Here's how it all started:

Family dinner with my mom and two older brothers.  Yep, four enhanced, super humans sitting around one table fighting over bread rolls and pie.  But then again, it is mom's special Blackberry Lemonade Pie.  What could possibly make this pie so good that three grown guys are fighting over it?  For starters, it's homemade, and the recipe is a secret, nothing found online even comes close to tasting as good as mom's, what makes it so good is unknown to anyone other then her.

Everyone is happily eating and chatting with each other, music is softly playing from the stereo in the next room, everything is good.  After eating and socializing for a couple hours, my brothers and I say goodnight and goodbye before heading our separate ways.

*******

Now, my story might seem boring right now, but I promise on the River Styx it gets better.  It gets way better.  

**Two days later**

I flop on my bed still in costume, exhausted from the long day not only at work, but my other persona.  Tiredly I pull my mask free from my face and throw it in a corner, I can't even find the willpower to take the suit off or take my contacts out, let alone get up to get dinner.  As much as I hate to admit it, I got my ass kicked tonight.  I know for a fact that my bottom lip is split and bleeding, blood pouring from my broken nose, bruises on my face and pretty much my entire body for that matter.  

My phone lights up and I quickly snatch it and text my eldest brother; you better have a damn good reason for this. A villain? Are you freakin insane?

Okay guys, so this is the first little writing idea I had. Let me know if you want a part two. I have a few other ideas. Let me know if you guys want to request anything.

As always, I'm always here if anyone needs to talk.

Thanks for everything.

~BookLoverPaige

One Shots And Short Stories I'm Too Lazy To Write Books AboutOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara