08 (n)

[ 5:44 pm]

just as soon it's about to get dark, the rain started to dissipate into a light trickle

just as soon it's about to get dark, the rain started to dissipate into a light trickle. your phone died and you have no idea how to tell tadashi that you're already standing in front of the ice cream store.

biting your bottom lip, you stared at your wet socks and damp, black school shoes. you put your hair into a quick ponytail, finally deciding to enter the store. "i don't think he's coming," you whispered to your self.

the bell jingled signaling your entrance. the atmosphere inside was cool and vigorous compared outside. the lighting as well gave a friendlier ambiance for the customers, with the help of the adorable interior designing. it was pastel themed and was air-conditioned.

after ordering a caramel sundae swirl, you sat at the booth beside the glass wall. you fidgeted with the electronic device that's supposed to make a beeping sound to indicate that your ice cream is ready to be claimed. the gloominess outside and the fact that you have no company right now somehow made you feel a bit of dread, not fully knowing what you should be afraid of.

the rain started to get heavier than before. 10 minutes later, your order was ready.

you ate the ice cream alone.

——————————————————————

"hey, yamaguchi-kun. the score." kiyoko reminded the younger boy that the sub-team have already earned a point after failing to receive asahi's spike. "i'm sorry," he apologized and placed the number 2 card behind, making the number 3 appear.

his mind has been filled with clouds of thoughts at the moment. he was not intently watching the game. he was not paying attention to the match, but to the muffled sound of raindrops falling on the court roof.

he can't keep his mind off his phone due to your not responding to his text message. but he knew and he's sure you received it. his head had been bouncing in and out of reality, over-thinking about something he should not concentrate on. i hope she's not upset with me.

the opposing team scored another point.