13 (n)

[8:13 pm]

you exited your home not even bothering to slip on some footwear

you exited your home not even bothering to slip on some footwear. you stood in your muddy porch, anticipating for your two friends together with your dog, mocha. the wind picked up towards you which made you shiver. a few wisps of your hair flew to the side of your face as you rub your hands for self warmth. you stood still and waited.

after a few minutes, you could eye out two men sharing an umbrella a couple of blocks away. waving at them, the grey, gloomy sky shrieked out a very loud roll of thunder. the boys quickened their steps to reach your house faster.

"kagami!" the shorter boy yelled trudging to a stop beside your front yard. both of them went over to you, stopping one meter away, and now under the protection of the roof. the blond boy closed the umbrella and didn't speak a word. "here's mocha!" tadashi carefully passed you the quivering pet swathed in white towel, longing for its owner's embrace. "thank you so much, you two." you showed them a satisfied smile. "you're welcome," tadashi said, hugging himself to avoid the coldness of the night to penetrate his mild skin.

kei nodded at you, not looking at your direction, but to the house plant near you. "we're always here for you, kagami," the freckled boy gave you a reassuring grin. you looked at him, his white shirt enveloping too closely to his slightly shaking body. his hair fell in front of his face, droplets of water rain descend from the strands of his hair. his eyes locked with yours and he placed his right hand on your left shoulder.

your heart raced. and then you froze, your feet rooted to the misty wooden planks of where you're currently standing on, as your dog was nestled in your arm-cradle. oh no.

he took his hand off of you and bid his goodbye. he went off with his friend under the same umbrella. the feeling of his hand weighing on your shoulder lingered for a good second. you looked at your now wet shoulder, an insignificantly distinctive print marked your dry shirt due to his soaked hand. but you didn't mind, because it's yamaguchi tadashi's. along with the thought, you accidentally worded out loud, echoing what you just said in your head not too long ago. with the sound of your heart pounding in your chest, you said,

"oh no..."