20 (n)

[6:13 pm]

the viscosity of the caramel fudge swirled on your vanilla soft serve just started to slowly freeze

the viscosity of the caramel fudge swirled on your vanilla soft serve just started to slowly freeze. you mixed it with the plastic spoon, stirring in graham crumbs and m&m's in your ice cream. looking up, there was tadashi, sitting across you with a soft smile plastered on his face. he did the same with his order; he combined the marshmallows and peanuts, both in chocolate ice cream, mixing it into the delicious rocky road.

after a spoonful of the cool dessert, you melted it with the warmth of your mouth and swallowed. "thanks for the treat, freckles," you looked into his gentle eyes and grinned widely. the boy in front of you cannot afford to look straight to your eyes. not because he did something wrong, but because he wanted to conceal his tinted cheeks from you. "yo-you're welcome, kagami.." kei was absolutely right. he is a blushing mess whenever you call him that name.

you can't keep your eyes off the boy's face. you were mesmerized by how the freckles have stained his nose bridge, along by the way it's perfectly scattered through his cheeks. it was like constellations in the cosmos. this is one asset you really adore about him. he can be really beautiful even without trying. he's definitely doing magic to you.

the boy on the other hand, kept his free hand on his lap. today was totally a first time. he was uneasy, but comfortable in your company both at the same time. he can't gather the courage to look in your eyes, and his heart keep on plummeting to his stomach but little did he know, his constant blushing made your heart burst. for the thousandth time this day.

kei sat a few tables away from you. not a while ago, he decided out loud that he would rather be alone than be a third-wheel, thus resulting him into seating at a different table. you don't know if he's doing this on purpose or not, however, either way, you are sorta thankful for giving you and tadashi a kind of space for this not-so-ice-cream-date.

a / n : i'm in my research class :DD send help