81 days

The last place Iris wants to be is the company building

She had full intention to keep her word—Jungkook could call her in when he was done being a dick. Until then, he'd have to function on his own. Iris isn't having any of his bullshit, especially after what she saw yesterday. She hadn't even been gone a whole minute and Jungkook was snorting cocaine. She figured Hoseok must be extremely good at his job, if no one had found out about Jungkook's dirty habit. It didn't make finding out any easier for Iris.

Drugs are not something she's a fan of, only because she's been a little too big of a fan of them before. Her first year of university had been spent on a downward spiral fueled by the white powder, and she'd barely gotten out of it before it was too late. Music had pulled her out of it, despite the industry being a place where drugs thrive and prosper. She saw artists getting so high they couldn't create like they used to, and she never wanted to become that.

Seeing Jungkook like that made her fear that he had or would become that, the epitome of what Iris was terrified of.

Another hazardous part of Jungkook, another reason why Iris should distance herself. No one wants to be associated with the washed-up teen heartthrob turned drug addict. Her brain tells her that, but every other part of her feels so wired to Jungkook. Something about him is magnetic, and as much as she knows better, she can't help it. Staying away from Jungkook would be easier, though, if Yoongi didn't call her in at 3 PM.

This raises a red flag for Iris. Min Yoongi called. The CEO and founder of Ddaeng Entertainment is the one who contacted her personally. The CEO is the guy who handles the big stuff, not the little stuff. The only thing big enough for Yoongi to handle regarding her that could warrant being called in is what happened with Jungkook yesterday. Maybe Jungkook is less different than other mainstream stars than she thought. Maybe he went to Min Yoongi and threw a tantrum over her, and this is her getting fired.

This, in turn, raises even more red flags. She'll be okay without the money from this job, although it will be a major loss. What may be more detrimental than the blow to her bank account, however, is the fact that she'll have been fired by Korea's
most renowned record label. That will not exactly look good on her resume. But what she dreads even more, deep down, is the fact that she won't get to work with Jungkook again. Watching him produce and master and tweak every subtle nuance and detail is mesmerizing. She won't get to bicker with him or sit in his chair or hear his amazing voice. She won't get to see him blush shyly when she teases him, even though he thinks she's not looking.

So she feels an odd nervous feeling churning her stomach as she enters the company building. Iris makes her way up
to Yoongi's office on the highest floor. Yoongi's secretary lets her in, and she sees that Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jungkook are waiting at the table with Yoongi. "Hey." Iris greets awkwardly, sitting down in the empty seat next to Jungkook. She glances up at him, trying to gauge the energy of the situation, but he's unreadable. There's a smile on his face, but it's not one of his genuine ones.