69 days

Iris shouldn't be here.

She knows better than to be at the door connecting her and Jungkook's hotel rooms. She knows he has been actively avoiding her all week. But something about the way the little fires in his eyes fizzled out after his performance was not sitting right with her. Something about it prevented her from sleeping that night. After hours of tossing and turning, she decided she needed to see Jungkook.

Maybe it's the sleep deprivation that's allowing her to make her way to the door of their adjoining hotel rooms, raise her knuckles to the wood and knock three times. Or maybe, it's the longing she knows she hasn't put an end to. Maybe it's the way her heart seems to melt for Jungkook to an extent beyond her control. Either way, she knocks, and there's no answer. She sighs, but doesn't give up so easily.

Grasping the knob and taking a deep breath to collect her jumbled thoughts, Iris opens the door. The room is dark, and it takes her a moment for her eyes to adjust. Jungkook's room smells intensely of lavender, and when Iris's eyes are finally accustomed to the inky darkness of the room, she can see a humidifier on the night table. There, to the left of the table, is the bed, with an unmistakably human lump on beneath the heavy white comforter.

Quietly, Iris tip toes to the side of the bed and peers at the lump, and sees Jungkook's shock of dark black hair stark against the white bedclothes. He looks to be sleeping so soundly, and Iris feels bad for even wanting to wake him up. It is nice to see him when he isn't so worried. He looks innocent, peaceful. Yeah, this was a bad idea. There's no way she can let herself wake him up.

Iris turns to leave, but then a hand emerges from the lump of blankets and latches onto her wrist. Iris jumps in surprise, but slowly turns back to the bed. She was originally planning on going back to her room and pretending this never happened, but it looks like that is no longer a feasible option. Jungkook has seen her. Jungkook's fingers are warm around the cold skin of her wrist as he pokes his head out from the covers and looks at her. Though the light is minimal, his eyes still manage to sparkle, and his lips turn up into a groggy grin once he fully processes who is in his grasp.

"Dreamcatchers might need to check their job security. Because I just caught a dream all by myself." Jungkook says, his voice groggy with sleep in a way that warms Iris's heart. His words only intensify the melting feeling.

"You even flirt when you're half asleep." Iris says softly, unsure of how else to respond without sounding as completely smitten as she feels. Jungkook's fingers slip down her wrist to intertwine with her own tenderly.

"Of course I do." He says softly, thumb brushing over her knuckles. "Care to explain why you're in my room?" He asks softly. The whole reason behind this interaction rushes back to Iris, and she briefly panics and tries to think of a good excuse, before realizing there are none.

"I couldn't sleep." Iris says truthfully. Jungkook's eyebrows crease with a little concern, and Iris continues. "I'm worried about you, Jungkook." She admits. Iris doesn't know why she is allowing herself the opportunity to speak candidly with Jungkook about her feelings. This will only dig her deeper into the hole that is having feelings for Jeon Jungkook, but she doesn't seem to have control of her mouth at the moment. Then, as if he hadn't ignored her for the past few days, Jungkook uses his free hand to open the blankets for her, welcoming her into his bed.

Iris hesitates for a split second, before giving in and slipping into bed next to Jungkook. He hums in satisfaction as she lays her head comfortably on his bare chest. Her leg immediately gravitates to drape over Jungkook's toned midsection. Jungkook snuggles her even closer to his body with one arm, and arranges the covers around them with his free hand. Once that hand is casually resting on top of Iris's thigh that is upon his stomach, they stay silent for a moment.