➳ Building Bridges ➳

Chapter One

THEA has been up extra late these past three days, worrying over Lincoln. Ever since he had disappeared that day the storm hit, she had always suspected SkaiKru had something to do with it and she was getting impatient.

She had tried to persuade Anya to let her scout the SkaiKru camp but she wouldn't allow it. If push came to shove, Thea would go by herself, she wouldn't- couldn't stand by whilst her best friend was missing. Possibly dead.

But Thea didn't like to think like that. However, she couldn't rule it out, she'd lost too many people to know better. But if that was the case and Lincoln was dead, she would retrieve his body herself to make sure he got a proper send off.

As well as being her best friend, Lincoln was a good warrior, one of the best in Trikru. He was more of an Infantry warrior whereas Thea's preferred weapon of choice was a bow, although that did not go down well with those who cared about her, as they preferred her to be well versed in all forms of defence.

She was sat in her hut sharpening her arrows one after the other, and then replacing them back in her quiver, deciding not to coat them in any poison. It was nearing dawn and Thea hadn't yet managed to fall asleep, unable to make her worries disappear. A sudden commotion made her ears prick up at the hollers from the gates.

Standing up quickly and grabbing her weapon, she silently exited her hut, moving swiftly to where the shouts were. Nearing the gate, she pulled out an arrow from her quiver and positioned it on her bow, standing next to the sentry on duty.

"Chit ste em?" (What is it?) She asked the male warrior who nodded to her in respect and then spoke.

"Cheka don sin in du kamp raun." (Sentries saw someone around the camp.) The warrior replied and gripped his sword harder in his hand. Upon hearing this news Thea was on defence mode. She directed her attention to the woods in front of her and scanned the area for any more movement.

"Weron Anya?" (Where is Anya?) Thea asked, knowing her leader should've been here by now, she's a light sleeper as most on the ground are.

As if hearing her name, said woman appeared and grabbed Thea's arm and dragged her away from the gate. "Anya, weron skafa?" (Anya, what the hell?) Thea said managing to break away from her mentors grip as they were nearing Nyko's tent.

Anya raised an eyebrow in question at the girl, knowing that she never used that tone of voice with her. Thea simply scowled back at the older woman unwaveringly, it was only now, when the early morning sun rose over the trees, that Anya saw the dark rings under her eyes.

Anya knew that when Lincoln disappeared it took a tole on her student but never did she think it was this bad, with Thea's sister being away most of the time, Lincoln had grown to become part of her family, and that was a very small list.