Alone (pt.1)

A year and a half ago

Joshua yelped at the feeling of being pushed into the lockers by the guys that stood in front of him.

"Did you hear that?!" One of them laughed. "So pathetic!"

"I know right?!" Joshua could feel the tears fall from his eyes uncontrollably. "What a wimp!"

"Please..!" He looked up at them with watery eyes. "Leave me alone..!"

The guy who had pushed him stopped laughing. "Do you really think you can talk back to us?" He turned to look at his friend and smirked. "Why don't we teach him a lesson?" The other nodded and they both laughed. Joshua watched them creep closer to him with evil eyes. He whimpered. (This will leave a mark...)

Joshua groaned as he walked to his house. The sun wasn't visible in the sky and he worried night would cover the streets before he arrived. However, the door to his house was visible from afar and Joshua climbed the steps that led him in, making sure to close the door shut.

As he entered, Joshua turned the lights on, placed his bag on the floor and walked to the kitchen only to find a note that stood on the table.

"I'll be arriving late today! Don't worry, I left you some food in the fridge!

Love,

Mom "

Joshua crumpled the note and threw it into the trash. He could feel the bumps in his arms sting at the motion and his legs wanted to give up on him at any second. Joshua ran up the stairs into his room and slammed the door shut. He threw himself into the bed and bawled his eyes out into his pillow. (Why can't she be right here when I need her?!) He wondered. (Why do I have to cry alone?!)

Joshua has been bullied by some guys at his school for some time now. He receives kicks, hits and mean words that lower his self esteem every single day. But poor Joshua has to go trough all this by himself. His mom works during the day and sometimes even late at night making it impossible for Joshua to be able to have a decent conversation with her. She never has the time for him, but Joshua doesn't really say anything for he knew that playing the role of the mom and the dad was harder than one may think.

However, Joshua didn't need the money. He didn't need the big house nor the countless amounts of toys that filled his room. All Joshua wanted was her to be with him. To cure his wounds and assure him he'd be ok. That everything would be ok. But even Joshua knew he needed to accept the fact she wouldn't.

After a couple of minutes, Joshua stood up and made his way to the drawers in his bathroom. He rumbled trough them until he found some bandaids and a disinfectant bottle followed by some patches. After a while, he went back to his room and put himself to work. Little by little, all of the most noticeable wounds in his body were covered by patches and band aids. Although, the small cuts and minor scratches we're still visible, Joshua didn't care. Except for the one that was on his cheek. He placed a band aid on the wound and cleaned up all of the paper that laid on the floor.

After that, Joshua laid in his bed. He could feel more and more tears form in his feline eyes, but he was tired of crying. Tired of dealing with all of this by himself. And soon enough, he was sound asleep.