Part 5

Chimon rushed to where Frank was standing and subtly blocked Drake.

"Hi Frank!" he said, trying to warn him using his eyes.

"Hey, Chi," Frank answered nervously.

Chimon turned to Drake. "Wait here, I'll talk to Frank for a bit. Do not do anything," he whispered.

He then grabbed Frank's arm and gently led him outside.

"Drake's drunk," he informed Frank once they were a few steps from the bar's entrance. "You know him. He immediately looked furious when he saw you with another guy. He might do something stupid."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know he was here," Frank said. "We will just leave."

"Wait, who's this guy anyway?"

"He's Fred. I just met him online. He's also HIV positive like me. I saw his post in an online support group for HIV patients and I noticed he's also from here so I messaged him. Don't worry, we're just friends.

"You know I'll probably love Drake for the next few years even if he rejects me. Plus, dating another guy is the last thing in my priority list. Heck, it's probably not even on the list. Look, I know you're there for me Chi and I appreciate that so much but I just needed to talk to someone who shares the same exact situation."

"I understand. I-" Chimon was interrupted by a crashing sound inside the bar.

"Drake!" they both shouted before rushing back inside.

---

Luckily, a bouncer had already gotten hold of Drake by the time Frank and Chimon got in.

"How could you do this, Frank? Why the hell are you in such a rush to replace me?" Drake yelled before freeing himself from the bouncer. He looked so miserable that it broke Frank's heart seeing him like that.

"Fine! If this is what you want, go ahead. You're dead to me from now on," Drake declared before bolting out of the bar.

Chimon started to follow Drake out of but Frank stopped him.

"Chi, please help Fred, I'll deal with Drake."

"Okay," Chimon replied and turned his attention to Fred who was wincing in pain, blood oozing from his mouth.

---

"Drake stop!" Frank shouted at Drake. They were already a hundred meters away from the bar. He had been calling Drake's name for so many times but he just ignored him and continued on walking away.

Frank had to run to catch up with him. If it weren't for the cold Baguio air, he would have been drenched in sweat.

When he was finally close enough to Drake, he grabbed his arm.

"Drake, let's talk please."

Drake stopped and brushed off Frank's hand.

"What's there to talk about?" Drake shouted at him.

He then sat on a nearby bench and held his head with his hands.

"What have I ever done to you, Frank?" he started to cry. "Why do you hate me so much? I don't understand. We were so happy just a few weeks ago. What have I done?"

He stood back up and walked to where Frank stood. He took Frank's hand and slapped his face with it.

"You want to hurt me so bad, huh? Come on. Do it! Punch me. Slap me. Do whatever you want. What? You think I'm not suffering enough? You want to hurt me even more? Tell me, Frank."