Part 8

Day 3 (Tuesday)

Luckily (or not, depending on how people see it), classes were suspended that day in the entire city due to a strong typhoon. Chimon was especially thankful for the suspension of classes.

He had a mission for that day: to make Pluem talk to his father.

He knew it was none of his business, that was as clear as day. But he also knew he would regret it for a long time if he did nothing.

When he and Pluem were having dinner the night before, he avoided including Mr. Tawan in the conversation. He felt that the wounds were still too fresh for Pluem and he needed time.

Chimon was willing to give him time, no problem. Normally, he wouldn't care at all if Pluem waited for years before talking to his father. But Mr. Tawan was dying. And Pluem will die in a few days too.

"What did I get myself into?" Chimon whispered, thinking about the tragic situation Pluem was in.

He shrugged and stood up. Time wasn't on his side. He had to move fast.

---

"Are you trying to make me fall for you?" Pluem asked when he saw Chimon bring him breakfast that morning.

"Fall over a cliff? Sure," Chimon responded as he prepared the table. His lola had prepared champorado for breakfast. He also brought some hot pandesal and ube jam.

"You cooked champorado for me?" Pluem was enjoying his time teasing Chimon. He didn't know for sure but seeing Chimon made him sort of forget the awful things that happened the day before.

"You wish," Chimon said. "Oh, so you actually know how to wear a t-shirt huh?"

Pluem looked at his shirt and remembered Chimon's comment the previous night.

"Just tell me if you want to see my body. I'll gladly take off my shirt for you. Even my shorts. And if you insist, fine. Even my underwear," Pluem said while playfully showing his abs.

Chimon threw a pandesal at him.

"Pick that up and eat it," he ordered.

Pluem had a good laugh and finally stopped teasing him.

---

After breakfast, Chimon asked Pluem to sit with him at the living room.

"Something tells me you're about to bring up something heavy again," Pluem said.

Chimon took a deep breath and held Pluem's hand.

"Pluem, I'll tell you something but please don't get mad at me."

Pluem didn't know how to react. He felt good with Chimon holding his hand. But looking at his face, he knew he was about to say something that will hurt him.

"You're already holding my hand. Might as well say what you want to say."

"After everything you've told me about Mr. Tawan, I know that you don't want to see him ever again. I would feel the same too if I were you. And if things were not the way they are right now, I would support you. I would even say let him suffer so he would realize his mistakes and learn from them. However.."

"However what?" Pluem asked, his face turning red again.

Chimon tightened his grasp on Pluem's hand.

"However, I hope you will consider meeting your father after knowing his current situation."

"I don't care if he is broke or going to jail or even if he's sick. I don't care Chimon," Pluem said with such finality that Chimon hesitated before speaking again.