chapter 1

ch. 1: slight inconvenience

It was a good thing we weren't declared a national threat anymore. Cyrus had threatened the CIA-- 'though it wasn't necessary' Catherine had complained, and cleared our names. 

I was currently sat in the national airport of France observing everybody else as my tired brain went on autopilot. An overpriced drink was clutched tightly in my hands and was enduring a terrible headache from all the travelling we've done. 

The surrounding atmosphere bustled with noise from the leaving and arriving passengers. A few times, a couple of pilots and flight attendants were seen to be hurrying to their gate.

As per usual, Erica was nowhere to be seen. And the other 3, (excluding Catherine since she decided to stay back in Britain) well, they were apparently browsing the gift shops. Alexander had brought some pocket money of his own and was now spending it recklessly, along with Mike and Zoe.

Thus, making me have the proud, new title of the luggage babysitter.

I took a sip of my drink, savouring the warm sensation that settled in my stomach. There was a big screen TV fixed on a corner, flashes of the news reporter and destroyed buildings appeared on the screen. My lips tugged into a frown and squinted my eyes. It wasn't possible to listen in as it was just too loud and the words said were drowned out.

Maybe I needed some glasses soon, but I couldn't read the miniature script displayed on the screen.

I supposed it was fine to step away from the luggage for a minute.

Standing up, I walked closer to the TV. Unfortunately, I didn't make my decision fast enough, and there was a new reporter rattling on about the weather in rapid french.

There was a sudden thud behind me, and I turned around. A man, approximately in his twenties, was gathering up the backpacks my friends had left in my care. He heaved them over his shoulder and glanced up. I tried to hide, but with little to no objects big enough to cover me, I was left in the open.

The thief's face quickly morphed into one of panic and began speed walking away, while I was left standing in horror. 

I snapped back into reality when I realized that all our passports and other IDs were in my bag. There was still a steady stream of people, and it made it hard for me to dodge everybody while I ran after the man. 

Luckily, I could still spot the man, his bright green suit had been a terrible fashion choice for today. I still continued my pursuit, he made a swift right and I had to slow down thinking that he'd go for the stairs instead. 

And, as if it was magic, he disappeared from my line of view. 

hi! first chapter since removing the other ones. hope ya liked it :> i don't really have any ideas yet as to how the book will pan out, but i've got some ideas. 

p.s. if the comments don't seem to line up with this chapter, it's because i am in the process of rewriting the book. also, the cover! any opinions ?

and yeah, that's it. have a good day <3