~ 4 ~ the fire

I was sitting on my bed, wishing I could talk to mom and Hope. There was nothing else I could think about at this point. At this point, I'm used to anything Felix does to me. I hate his guts. Min-kyu and I are a lot closer now. I hear someone knocking on the door, knowing it's Min-kyu, "Come in" I say. Min-kyu opens the door before I could say anything, looking tense.

"Felix is coming, put this chip in your pocket," he said, giving me a black chip that I put in my pocket. Knowing Felix will find me no matter where I go, I knew that was a smart idea. "I can hear you from here... tell me everywhere you go, okay?" he says. "Okay," I said before he disappeared quickly. Soon after, Felix came rushing in my room and pulled me harshly by my arm. I didn't say anything, knowing he won't stop.

He threw me in a dark room, my head hitting the floor, I felt bleeding on my head. Felix sighed... then left after saying "sorry" in an abrupt manner. I saw him as he shut the door and left, making a loud noise. He's just like a... robot. Why did he say sorry?

He's not doing anything to me, there's nothing happening to me. What does he want from me? I didn't know what to do. Why am I even here? I quickly took the chip out of my pocket, not knowing what else to do. I lay on the floor, my head still bleeding, as I say "Hello?". "Soo-ah, where are you?" Min-kyu said worriedly.

"I don't know, I've never been in here before. It's a dark and...and... stinky. I...". Before I could say anything else, Min-kyu started to get tense. "Get out of there as fast as you can, right now!" he yelled. "But... there's nothing in here. I'll be fine." I said, assuring him there's nothing in the darkroom that can harm me. "No, there's a window behind you, climb out of there now, Soo-ah!" he harshly ordered. As Min-kyu said that, I saw fire at the end of the room slowly starting to grow.

"Mi...Min-kyu, there's fire!", I said, understanding why he wanted me to get out of there. I knew Min-kyu had done this before because of the way he was so sure about everything while he was talking to me. "Hurry, Soo-ah, the window behind you. Climb out! Now!" said Min-kyu as fast as he could, sounding worried.

I turned around and saw the moonlight shining through the window. The window was high, I forced myself to try and reach the window. I kept on trying although it was way out of my reach. "I can't," I said while I continued trying. A tear rolling down my cheek having a feeling that today's my last day.

As I looked behind me, the fire continued spreading and filled half of the room. Why is the fire spreading so quickly? As I continue trying, knowing I only have a few minutes before I die. "Please Soo-ah... Try harder!" he said begging." I was out of breath. I kept trying... I saw the fire getting too close as I looked behind, I finally... got the tiniest grip of the window. I can't let go of it if I want to live. I was sweating a lot, making it harder to stay on the grip.

I lifted another arm, placing it on the window edge, causing me to get a tighter grip. I pulled as hard as I could. The space was too small for me to get out. "It's too small," I said. "I know. Try. You'll get out." he said. I needed to force myself to get out. As I was trying to squish through the window, I felt a burn on my leg. The burn was getting more and more painful as seconds went by, causing me to yell and look at my leg, to which I found out my leg was on fire. I could hear Min-kyu freaking out. The smoke was getting too much for me to handle, causing me to cough harshly, almost running out of air. I tried squishing through the window hole as fast as I could. My stomach was stuck.

I didn't have a choice other than to force my stomach out, causing it to leave scratches and bleed. Trying harder and harder knowing I'm about to die, I squished through the hole, finally, coming out of there. My leg is still on fire. I took my shirt off, trying to blow the fire away with my shirt. The fire finally stopped.

I collapsed on the floor. I could hear Min-kyu trying to assure me if I'm okay. I could hear his voice but didn't have enough energy to talk. A few seconds later I gave 'hmm', the only thing that could come out of my mouth, trying to assure him I'm alive. I was trying to catch my breath as I saw a man coming towards me. He quickly picked me up. I knew it was Min-kyu because of the way his hands felt.

2 hours later...