Chapter 3

Six years later

"UGH! It wasn't enough that Gyro created the most disgusting flavor of gum that somehow gets more flavorful as you chew it, but then he had to use his stupid Gold Tech to make the engine run!" Della shouted at the camera, holding the book up to the screen to show the Gold Tech page. "How am I gonna find stinking gold on the stinking moon!?"

She was talking to the camera again, which Jet knew meant she was recording a video to send to their family back on Earth, who he thought he was going to meet soon. The rocket had been rebuilt and Della had told her son that they were finally going to get home, but based on what she was saying now, Jet knew that they wouldn't be able to go home yet...

"So... we're still going to be stuck here for a while...?" Jet asked.

Della paused the camera and took a deep breath, calming herself down, then she turned around to face Jet, who was playing with a toy she had made for him out of rocket parts. He was wearing a makeshift shirt made out of a red blanket that Della had found with the wreckage when the crash had happened.

"Yes, honey..." Della told him sadly.

Jet stopped playing with his toy and looked at the ground. Ever since he was very young, his mother had told him stories about their friends and family who were waiting for them back home. She had told him about her twin brother, Donald Duck and their Uncle Scrooge who they went on adventures with, she told him about Agent 22 and the butler, Duckworth, but, most importantly, she had told Jet about his two brothers, Turbo and Rebel. Jet really wanted to meet them and he was willing to do almost anything to.

He had gotten so excited once the Spear of Selene was rebuilt, but now, he would have to wait for who knows how much longer for him to finally set foot on Earth.

For a while, Della just sat there sadly too, until she got an idea. "Hey, Jet!"

She got up from her chair and ran to the other side of the ship to grab something, she then came back with a dark, reddish-orangish book with a rhombus and yellow, green, and orange stripes on the front.

"This is my old Junior Woodchuck Guidebook!" Della explained. "The Junior Woodchucks was a group where we could earn badges for all sorts of things! Cooking badges, public speaking badges, all sorts of nature related badges, and so many more! I have some random paper, fabric, and other things that were in the ship when we crashed, so here's my idea: I could make you some badges and you could earn them! Just like if you were an actual Junior Woodchuck!"

Della handed Jet the Junior Woodchuck Guidebook, "And, when you're bored, you can read this!"

Jet looked at the book, it was dirty and ripped in some areas, but he didn't care, he liked this whole "Junior Woodchuck" thing and he was just happy to have the guidebook, just like a real Junior Woodchuck!

Della was just happy that her idea had made her son happy again, she hated being on the moon and she could only imagine how much Jet disliked it. He was raised on the moon! Della was able to be raised on Earth, with all of the things Earth had to offer. She was able to actually know who her family and friends were! Jet on the other hand, wasn't able to have either of those things...

With Jet happy again, Della got back into her chair and recorded her telling her family what her new plan was to get back home. "OK, I spent twenty years with the best treasure hunter in the world! If there's gold on this rock, we're gonna find it!"