Chapter 9

A little while later, after Della had taken Jet aside and calmed him down, everyone was in the dining room and getting something to eat. Della and Jet were the two who enjoyed it the most, basically all they had eaten for the past eleven years was Oxy-Chew. Yes, they had eaten some of the food the aliens had, but none of it was food that you would find on earth, so it was good for them to eat actual earth food.

As Jet ate, he kept looking over at his brothers. Dewey was looking at Della with awe, even though all she was doing was eating, while Louie just kinda sat there.

"Wow! She is AMAZING!" Dewey exclaimed.

Jet looked at the ground angrily. Yep! She definitely was amazing... and he wasn't. He had thought when he arrived on earth, his brothers would love to see both him and his mom, but turns out, they only really cared about Della and he was basically just invisible.

Another duck, wearing purple, tried to take away one of Della's plates, but Della quickly stopped her and ate the last thing on that plate.

"And... now I'm done." Della said.

She then looked up at the duck. "Thanks..."

She gasped, realizing who the duck was.

"AGENT 22!?" She exclaimed. "You're the housekeeper now!? Where's Duckworth?"

"He's moved on..." Agent 22 responded, starting to walk away.

She then turned back while adding, "Though sadly not far enough."

With that, a ghost dog walked through the wall and into the dining room.

"The underworld has fewer cobwebs to tend to!" He explained.

Agent 22 threw the plate at him, but it only went threw him and he moved aside, signaling for the new housekeeper to clean it up. He then exited through the same wall he entered through.

This was interesting for Jet to witness. OK, this family was definitely something.

"You've been gone a while, lass." Scrooge explained to Della. "A lot has changed."

The next thing Jet knew, his brothers walked over to Della and began asking her questions. Of course, they want to know everything about their mother, yet they don't care to know anything about their brother!

"I'M WEBBY!" The young girl duck suddenly shouted at Della.

This caught Jet's attention. It seemed this "Webby" was trying to be noticed and accepted. Maybe she was going through the same thing Jet was.

"Alright! That's enough for today!" Scrooge suddenly announced.

"Your mum must be tired... after conquering the moon!" He continued proudly, laughing a bit afterwards. "Let her rest."

"Who can rest when there's so much lost time to make up for!?" Della responded, getting up from her seat and hugging Dewey and Louie tightly.

"I've got my boys!" She added, ruffling Louie's hair, making it look like Dewey's.

Dewey gave his brother a thumbs up while Louie just gave him an angry look and redid his hair.

"My brother!" Della continued. "Wait. Where's Donald?"

"He's off on a relaxing remote vacation!" Webby explained.

Jet was a bit disappointed to hear that, he had really wanted to meet his Uncle Donald, but he would just have to wait for him to get back for that.

"Oh, instead of welcoming back his sister and nephew! Must be nice." Della responded.

Jet was just happy she included him in that sentence.

"Boys, I don't know what to say except I'm so sorry for ever stepping foot on that rocket!" Della started telling them.

Jet wondered if he should apologize too. But he hadn't done anything wrong, it wasn't his fault he ended up on the moon! And his brothers honestly didn't really seem to care he was back anyway, so Jet decided not to.

"I never meant to leave you, or miss your first steps, or potty training... Wait, you are potty trained, right?" Della continued.

Louie nodded and Dewey moved his hand from side to side.

"What I'm trying to say is, for a decade, I fought every day to get back to this family, and I will fight every day to be a part of it! If... you'll have me?" Della finished, holding out her hand.

"I...Uh..." Louie started.

But Dewey interrupted.

"OF COURSE!" He shouted, jumping up and grabbing Della's hand. "We're a family again!"

Dewey then grabbed Louie's hand and put it on Della's with him.

"I missed you so much!" Della said, hugging them.

"You deserve to have the best mom and I'm going to be the best mom! Starting right now!" Della announced, letting them go.

"WHO WANTS CAKE!?" Della shouted.

Jet wasn't sure he liked this... His brothers and his mom had just had another one of their moments that Jet wasn't a part of. Her talking to them and hugging them and everything like that... Jet didn't want to admit it... but there was a feeling growing inside of him, and that feeling was jealousy.