Part Fifteen

Robbie

As soon as I get back into my hotel room after Noah and Millie leave, I collapse on my bed. Even with the A/C on in the room, I'm boiling hot. Luckily I'm finally alone, and I get to peel off the now sweat soaked long sleeve shirt I'd been wearing outside. The cuts on my arm are still bright red, and I'm glad I wore the shirt now, God knows what they would've thought if they'd seen my arm.

My phone buzzes with a text and I beam as I see it's from Noah. He hasn't even left Atlanta and he's already texting me. I type out a reply and I get a response before I even put my phone back down. Seeing that the conversation will probably continue later, I place my phone on my bedside table and undress for the shower.

I spend a longer time in the shower than I normally do, letting the water roll over me as I slowly start to come to terms with the last twenty four hours. I'm going to be playing Madison Square Garden, and I pray that I'll get to see Noah and Millie again. But secretly I wouldn't mind if just Noah ended up coming to see me.

After getting dried off I slip back into the same long sleeve vans shirt I wore last night. I don't want to wear double layers again today if I can help it, especially after seeing the state my white long sleeve top was in. I think about what Quinn would say if he knew I'd been wearing my binder for longer than you're supposed to, so I leave it off for now. I towel off my hair, leaving it in the mess it naturally falls into, which is how I 'style' it anyway.

My phone starts buzzing on the bedside table and I slide my glasses back on to check the lock screen. Oh shit. I forgot I'd scheduled to call my parents today, seeing as they'll want to know all about the gig last night. I swipe up on the screen to accept the call, and I'm greeted with my parents beaming faces.

I can tell it's the early morning over in the UK from the pale light drifting through the blinds in the living room windows. They both wave with that incredible cheesiness parents somehow still manage to convey over a phone screen.

I grin and give them a small wave back, lifting my phone up a little bit more so they can't see the mess around my hotel room. I make sure I'm holding my phone with my left arm so even if the sleeve started to ride up, they wouldn't see the scars. I don't want them to worry even more than they already do about me.

'Hi Robbie! How is everything?'

'Everything's going... fine?'

Mum smiles as I reply in the standard way I tend to respond to questions like that, even if it annoys my dad a little because he can't tell if I'm doing alright or not.

'So... don't keep us waiting. How was last night?!'

I take a bated breath and look away from the camera with a smile.

'It was absolutely phenomenal. We had a full house, and I can still hear the shouting in my ears... I still can't believe I got to play there. The acoustics were amazing and before you ask dad - no one got topless and threw their bra up on stage.'

My dad laughs and my heart wrenches a little. I wish I was there to hear his laughter in person again.

'Still not at that stage of stardom yet then kidda?'

I grin and shake my head. I don't know how I'd react if something like that happened. I'd feel second hand embarrassment for the girl themselves. I fall silent for a little bit, and hear rustling as my mum continues to fiddle with her phone.

'Is that all you've got to say about it?'

I don't know. I sometimes can't get everything out of my head and then manage to squeeze it into a single phone call. Just focus on the big news right now, and I'm sure I'll open up a bit more once I get my thoughts straight.