Part Twenty Eight

Robbie

I can't sleep. It's like my body isn't letting me, and although the hotel bed is really comfortable, like, unbelievably softer than some of the ones in the US, I just can't fall into blissful sleep. I've been awake for hours now, crossing different time zones, and I know I need my rest or else I'm going to suffer during my gig.

Will I even get any rest? Cause my plans to binge the new season of Stranger Things after the gig might screw with that as well. I keep on falling into that annoying stage where you find a comfy position in bed, shut your eyes, and wait for sleep to take you. But it's not taking me away. Instead I'm getting uncomfortable, and I can't stop moving one of my legs around under the covers.

I sigh, and roll from my side onto my back and stare at the all too familiar off white ceiling of the hotel room. Almost in a parallel to the hotel we stayed at in Atlanta before I met Noah, Quinn's sitting on his own bed, editing away at pictures from Madison Square Garden. I shut my eyes again, and focus on the sound of his fingers moving across the keyboard as he works.

Quinn and I spoke for ages after I ended my call with Noah. He wanted to know how my nan was, and it seems that everyone else who was either family or close to me somehow found out and wanted to know how everything was. It's exhausting, but I managed to get responses out to most people.

After discussing my nan's condition, the conversation quickly fell to what Quinn and Nate had got up to. I stayed silent throughout, offering nods and little 'Awws' when I thought it appropriate. Quinn's face was lit up the entire time he was talking, and he remembered every little detail of cute gestures Nate had done for him. I knew better than to interrupt him. I hate how both Quinn and I spent so much of our early teens not being able to express ourselves cause as soon as we got excited about something, everyone around us would tell us to shut up. So I gave him the opportunity to speak freely about his date. And it kinda clicked when he was in the middle of telling me how Nate had held his hand when they were in the back of a local book shop.

This is what Quinn, Cade and God knows who else had seen in me whenever I spoke about Noah. This is true love, and it's really adorable. Quinn deserves the world, and I hope that Nate can give it to him. Along with my help of course. I wonder if Noah feels the same way about me as I do. Of course he does, but there's always that negative part of my head that Noah's helped me start to block out, telling me that I don't deserve him.

I cough a little bit into my shoulder, and Quinn looks up from his laptop briefly, before going back to editing. I can feel it coming already. The sore throat and cold I always seem to get for the first couple days after I travel to a new place. Tonight may definitely end up with some interesting vocals for the crowd, but hey it's still better than autotune.

I know I'm not going to get much sleep now, so I try to focus on something else. I don't want to look at my phone for a while, seeing messages from family asking the same questions and reminding me of my nan's situation is something I don't want to think about right now. A bit of inspiration hits me, and I know what I'm gonna do.

I unfurl the covers from around me, and get up from bed, heading towards one of my guitars I'd asked to keep in my hotel room instead of having it sent straight to the venue. It's the Noah one of course, cause I'm already love sick enough damn it. Quinn's eyes follow me as I collect my guitar and then flop back on my bed and start plucking out at random chords.

'What you playing?'

I look at Quinn and wink.

'Hopefully the first song of the next album.'

Quinn's already grabbed his camera and I don't know if he's taking pictures or filming, but I don't mind. He watches me as I slide up and down some chords, before accidentally playing a chord wrong.