2

The next day, Autumn entered the coffee shop again. "Hey, Autumn." Michael smiled. She sent him a warm smile in return. "I got your french vanilla coffee ready. On the house." Michael said, handing her the drink. Autumn shook her head, "No. Let me pay." she said. Michael disapproved, "No, Autumn. Just relax and sit by the window." Michael said, giving her the drink and turning her around, pushing her away from the counter.

Autumn rolled her eye's at how childish he was. Oh well, free coffee, she thought. The drink she held was still warm. She looked out the window once more, and her mind drifted off to the mysterious boy from yesterday. Soon, the boy entered the coffee shop, Michael sent him a warm smile. "The usual?" he asked. The boy nodded, "Yeah." he said. Michael made the drink and handed it to the boy. He stopped the boy from paying, "On the house."

Autumn was anxious to hear his voice. "What? No. Let me pay." he said, oblivious to the fact that Autumn was probably melting inside because of his voice. He sighed and gave up on protesting, "Okay, mate. But tomorrow, let me pay." he said. Autumn smiled, happy that he'd be here tomorrow. She looked back out the window as the boy turned around to walk to a table.

He turned to his left, noticing that she was there. Does she always come here? he thought to himself. He looked away and sat at the same table he was in yesterday. He studied her face more, making him realize that she wasn't her. He sighed, looking away. She was now on her phone, scrolling slowly.

After a few more minutes, she stood up and pushed her chair in. She looked at Michael and smiled, "Thanks, Mikey. I'll see you tomorrow." she said before exiting the coffee shop. The boy back at the coffee shop couldn't help but smiled at the memory of seeing her entire face, adding on the sweet and warm smile that she held.

The boy stood up a couple minutes after, "Thanks, Mikey. See you tomorrow." he said, exiting the coffee shop. He turned to his left, going the opposite way that Autumn went.