Chapter 4.

I kept my eyes on Niall, or number 3360 as my colleagues knew him. He was glaring at Harry who took a sip of what seemed like milk. They locked eyes and I narrowed mine, seeing Harry stand up and walk over. Don't panic. I thought to myself. They're allowed to do that... 
Out of a sudden, a fight had started between the two and I ran over to get the two apart.

Maybe I was a little too optimistic because they were taller than me, and definitely stronger, but it was my job and I had to prove myself. ''APART.'' I shouted as if it would actually tear the boys apart, grabbing Niall by his arm and pulling him back roughly. He turned to me and grabbed me by my throat within seconds. What on earth made me think I could handle two gangleaders.

Something inside Harry's head seemed to pop and he tried to get Niall off of me. I couldn't breath, Nialls hand was too tight around my throat and I failed on getting him off of me. I tried to reach for my emergency button but he had ripped it off my belt already. Shit.

''If you don't let go of her within three seconds, you're dead, Horan!'' Harry barked from behind Niall. He couldn't come any closer because every step he took caused Niall to tighten his grip. I could feel his fingers dig into my skin and looked up at him with my eyes narrowed in discomfort.

I knew Harry would get in trouble for threatening Niall like that so I simple raised my hand at Harry. Within a minute, five of my colleagues ran over and tore Niall off of me, handcuffing both him and Harry to escort them out of the room. They lead me out towards the nurse of my department to get my throat checked.Never in my entire career, had I been scared. Until now.

The look in Nialls eyes was terrifying, the way he stared at me... It was undescribable. As if he could kill me on the spot with one hand without even bothering to try. I got my neck checked and took some painkillers, informing the guards about my lost emergency button and getting a new one attached to my belt. 

I had to go and talk to both Niall and Harry, and to calm myself down I decided to start with Harry. Together with Teddy, who had handled Niall earlier, we took Harry out of his cell and brought him to the conversationroom. He sat behind one side of glass, and I sat on the other with Teddy right behind my left shoulder, his hands on his back.

I looked at Harry. ''You have the right to keep silent. What's the reason you and Niall burst into that fight?'' I asked him. He shrugged and sighed. ''I saw him... He made me mad. He kept glancing at me with that filthy smirk and he knows I'm still angry about... About what happened.'' I knew he meant his sister so I nodded. We had a little chat, nothing too personal because Teddy was still with us. I thanked him as he apologised and left the room. My colleagues brought him back to his cell.

Niall had been in an isolationcell to avoid him from getting more outbursts. He sat across me with his arms crossed and I looked at him. ''You have the right to keep silent.'' I told him, just like I always told any inmates I talked to. He didn't reply and stared at me with big blue eyes, biting his already puffy lip.

I don't know why he looked at me like that. It was an unfamiliar look, nothing negative actually. ''I wanted to inform you that the way you treated me, isn't a way to treat any of the guards or fellow inmates in this prison.'' I spoke calmly. My throat felt thick and I could still feel his hand around it. ''I know that. I lost my temper.'' Niall said.

He didn't sound English at all but I was a little busy keeping my calm to find out where he actually came from then. ''Clearly. We decided that you and Harry can not be in the same area anymore and therefore you'll get different air-, feed- and sportshours. You'll be with a small group of other inmates and I hope that'll help. If you want you can have a weekly talk with any of the guards, like an evaluation of the past week...'' I said. I noticed how soft my voice was now.

He nodded. ''I'd like that.''